This weekend we had our small group from Sunday mornings over for a small (or crazy and chaotic) social gathering. We are trying to do a social event each month so Ryan and I hosted June. We made pork loin and everyone brought a side.
Before the party I asked Henry what the rules are when we have friends over. Henry replied: We wear our listening ears, we don't cry, and we don't play with knives! hahaha. The third one we have never discussed however, I think it's a good rule and we'll add it to the list of things to be mindful of. He is such a funny kid.
During the party his ISU football accidently was tossed into the fire pit. Sad day for the ISU football. Our buddy Dustin felt bad but Henry was just excited for the fire. He made marshmellow after marshmellow. He wanted to do everything dustin was doing so he would put two and three marshmallows on the stick at a time. He did actually eat two smores which supprised me because he never wants to eat the smore, he only wants to eat the chocolate. Child after my own heart although I do love me some charred marshmellows.
I'm love that we have found a church with people we connect with and are fun to be around. we are already planning a golf outing in August, so excited! It will be a lot of fun for sure!
1 comment:
Our small group looks like ours. We've been in ours for almost 6 years!
Post a Comment