Wednesday, October 22, 2008

7 months and updates

Today Henry is 7 months old. Can you believe it? He is at an exciting age. He is crawling like mad, he is a child on a mission. He can pull himself up onto items so that he can stand as well. This is fine as long as it isn't on the leather furniture, he has a tendency to scratch the hell out of it! He babbles ALL THE TIME. You cannot shut the child up. He repeats DaDa all the time. He loves food, and is eating fruit in the morning with cereal and veggies in the evening with cereal. He just started fruit three days ago (I'm slow, I know). He has stopped nursing. I am free! It was his decision though so I feel really good about it. We were down to nursing once a day and he decided he was done so bring on the BEER! Ha! just kidding...sorta. He loves his bouncer and stuffed dinosaur rocker my sister bought him. The best part, he is so happy to see me every time I enter the room.

I am headed to CA for 9 days for work and play. It was hard to decide to leave for that much time. Ryan and I decided to tack on a vacation to my trip for four days. We need a getaway for the two of us so it made sense since my flight would be paid for by work. When I dropped Henry at daycare today, I waved goodbye to him and he gave that goofy grin as if to tell me it would be ok and he will see me when I get back from my trip. I can't help but worry about him. Nobody ever takes care of your child as good as you do - close, but not as good. I am already anticipating seeing him when I get back.

I headed to the GYN today. I am going to be getting an IUD. I didn't want to do anything while I was nursing so I waited until Henry decided to be done and worked with the PA to make this decision. There are alot of benefits to having the IUD. 1. compliance, 2. light to no mentral periods, 3. can be removed at any time and can stay in for up to 5 years, 4. you still ovulate while on it so when you decide to have another child, you have it removed and can get pregnant within days. I will go in next Friday to have it inserted. You all read about how it went to have my cervix checked, I can only imagine the picnic this will be! HA!

Alright that is TMI for today.

No comments: