Saturday, November 1, 2008

Huntington Beach

Vacation is sadly over. Ryan and I traveled to Huntington Beach, CA for 5 days together. Henry stayed at my in-laws and had a BLAST! I hope to have pictures soon. We needed time away with each other to reconnect without children, dogs, and the never ending list of things to accomplish around the house. As hard as it is to leave Henry for that many days, we had the best time. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the beach and it was a beautiful resort - the best on that beach and I highly recommend it. There was a path along the beach which lead us to restaurants, the pier, and shopping. It was so relaxing and allowed us both to catch up on some much needed sleep! Leaving our name in the sand! It washed away moments later.




At sunset, taking a picture before going back to the hotel


At Laguna Beach. We took this picture for our good friend Leslie. She loved the show on MTV so this picture was for her.


At the Huntington Beach Pier. People were surfing to the left and right of the pier and their were so many fisherman. I kid you not, this one guy caught a ginormous stingray, I felt so bad for the stingray, he was super cute! It was really common to see them catching small stingray but the larger one was not so common.
We visited Long Beach to see the Aquarium of the Pacific. This was the lighthouse outside the museum, just on the other side was the pacific ocean.
This guy was in the tank feeding the fish and stingrays. It was really entertaining and educational. The best part was, for the majority of the presentation, there were very few people watching and then a hoard of children arrived and chaos broke out so that was a bummer but I can understand the kid's excitement.



Can you see the shark on the bottom? I have an obsession with sharks and shark week. They are such incredible fish and this exhibit not only had a tank of large sharks, they had an area where you can pet the sharks and stingrays. In fact, we were two of the fist people at the museum and I asked what to see first and the shark exhibit was recommended because you can ask questions and I was able to ask so many things, I think Ryan was a little annoyed by me but there was nobody back there so I took advantage. I was also able to pet stingrays. We pet sea stars and sea cucumbers (which are so squishy and soft). It was some good fun!

They whale above me is a blue whale and it is true to size.....crazy massive!
We had the best time on vacation and promised each other we would do it again, even if it meant driving to a nearby destination just to spend time with the two of us.












2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Reconnecting is good....glad you got to do it. It's totally worth it, hard, but worth it.

Briana said...

Glad you had a good time! Kevin adn I still haven't been away together since we started having kids.