Henry turned 8 months on Saturday. Before I had a baby, I could have sworn babies stay babies for a while but I guess that isn't the case.
My little man is doing so many things.
My little man is doing so many things.
- Pulling himself up on everything
- Maneuvering around furniture while holding on so as not to fall when he walks
- Crawling like mad - I swear he could give the dogs a run for their money sometimes
- Clapping two items together but not his hands
- Giggling up a storm
- Chatting/babbling to innate objects
- He is making changing time difficult - is obsessed with the lotion bottle so he holds it so that I can change is diaper
- He likes electrical cords. This proves very difficult seeing that we live in an old house and almost all the lights are lamps vs. built in lighting.
- He LOVES electrical outlets. We have them all covered with plugs that even we have difficulties removing but he is a pro. He also wants to put his fingers on the prongs of the cord while it is halfway plugged in - seriously, do not know what to do about this one.
- Fascinated with windows and the outdoors. he could talk to the window for hours
- Has ZERO teeth. None. Which means I have yet to feed him puffs, cheerios, or yogurt bites.
- He is in size 4 diapers - mainly because he pees a lot and was having many blowouts so he is going up in diaper size
- He has outgrown his carry car seat. Now it's permanent in my car (thanks to all who pointed deals my way).
- Henry wears 9 mo pants and 12 mo shirts. He wears 9-12 mo onesies.
- He has bruises all over his face because he is my adventurer. I would love to have a day sans-bruise and I am convinced that it won't happen for a while.
- He is eating 3 meals a day: fruit/cereal for breakfast, fruit/veggie for lunch, veggie/dinner/cereal for dinner. He only eats 2nd foods right now.
- I have tried to give him a sippy cup and he just doesn't get it so for now, he only has a bottle but he does hold his bottle for a few minutes at each feeding.
- He loves stuffed animals and blankets. He chews on them and wrestles with them and wants to rub them on his face when falling asleep (which is weird and freaks me out).
- He weighs somewhere around 21 lbs and is 30inches long.
7 comments:
ohh man does he have the "I'm bringing chubby back" onesie from GAP? I wanted that one for Baylen SOOOOO bad but they didn't have his size!! grr!
For the outlets you could get the sliding covers:
http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=182
We have those and they are wonderful cause even if they yank the cord out it just slides shut so they can't stick anything in there.
Also you can go ahead and try him on cheerios and puffs... our ped suggested we give Blake cheerios at 5 months (2 months before teeth) cause they slobber all over them and get them soggy (plus thier gums are very firm and you'll be surprised how well they chew with no teeth). Our ped said it really helps them practice and develop thier pincer grasp. The puffs disolve in thier mouths so no chewing is even really required.
I can't believe he is getting so big, such a handsome little guy!
Yes, he has the "I'm bringing chubby back" onsie on. I know they had more here if you would like me to pick one up and send it to you. I had to beg for them to go in back and see if they missed any and sure enough, they had one in his size. I love it!
Aww, look at how cute he is! He's growing up so fast Sam.
OMG I WOULD LOVE one of those onesies. Baylen wears a size 12-18 months or even 18-24 if they have it. I will send you the $$ for it, Sam, plus I will pay for shipping!
Fitz,
I was able to get a 12-18 month, it's the only one in that size in within 500 miles! haha! My girlfriend in Omaha is picking it up for me and bringing it to my parents over Thanksgiving. I will ship it to you next week.
Sam
omg Sam you are amazing and I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much.
Post a Comment