I took Henry into the Dr. today. He has a sore on his rear and it hasn't been getting any better. I of course thought of the worst possible thing - MRSA. I used to sell antibiotics and that is the worst of the worst skin conditions. Good news, it's just an irritated area that has to have antibiotic ointment put on it.
I also had them check out his ears, nose, throat, and lungs because he has a cold. It sounds horrible when he coughs (which isn't that often) but I feel so bad for the little dude. He is a champ though, doesn't let it slow him down.
Lastly, I had the nurse measure him because he can only stay in his current car seat until he is 30 inches or 30 lbs, whichever is first. Measurement came in at 29.5 inches. Looks like mom and dad are going to go shopping for a new car seat over the Thanksgiving holiday! That is another expensive baby purchase that I should have thought of before. They say on average a child costs $250,000 from the time of birth-18 years of age...That seems low to me or maybe I am not cost savvy.
5 comments:
$250,000? Hey Sam...B.A.M.
How about $500,000.00 for you and your little sister each! Man were you two expensive. But well worth it. :)
Love,
Daddy (B.I.G.)
WAIT...You two still are expensive!!! :)
Sam - I just wanted to let you know that Bed Bath and Beyond has baby stuff now and if you go into the store and order online, you can use their 20% off coupons. You have to pay shipping, but it was still a good deal compared to many other places! Just thought that I would let you now! Have fun car seat shopping! :)
yep and pay attention to see if you get Babies R Us coupons in the mail or at the store. We got like $70 off our Britax Boulevard seat and that was a great deal. We had a coupon from BRU that they had sitting by the counter when we checked out. ANyway, one week we went to buy it and then we get up to the counter and see that there was a coupon for the next weekend for the $70 off...so we put the seat back and bought it the next weekend b/c it was way better than $20 off! :) Good luck, but I know they are expensive. I had to buy THREE of them. (baby and now two big carseats)
We also got a deal at BRU for our britax seat. I think babycenter.com usually has good deals also. Katie was so long that she grew out of her carrier at 3 1/5 months.... which was kind of pain shopping b/c she wasn't able to sit up yet so we had to carry her around hyvee.
Ugh, I detest buying carseats! We have a million of them. Seriously. We have the infant seat (which everyone has now outgrown) We have two Graco carseats, two Evenflo carseats (why? Because the Graco ones are better for the kids when they are still on the small side and the Evenflo ones were better once they were 2+ years of age, more room.) And now we have FOUR booster seats. Ugh! So 1 infant seat, 4 carseats (5 if you count the one we bought for my mother's car!) and 4 boosters.
Post a Comment