What are you getting your children for Christmas? I have not yet decided what Henry is getting. Generally I have an idea of what to get people by now but I am just starting to come up with gift ideas for everybody.
So far, I have determined that Henry will get a wagon and some kind of ride/walker item and then some empty boxes wrapped with paper because that seems to be all he is interested in lately. He also likes blocks and likes the clipo blocks in school so I think I will purchase a set of those too. He will be 9 months at Christmas so I am wondering what ideas you mom's have on items that are must haves or items that your children love.
8 comments:
We got a glowworm for Baylen and a big soft truck on wheels by Playskool b/c he likes pushing things around on wheels.
The walker/stand-to-walk toy is a good one--we have one already--Henry will love it!!
We love our Leap Frog Activity Table. I highly recommend getting one of those. ($50-$100 range I think)
Oh, and a Christmas ornament: Baby's first Xmas for your tree...and then make it a tradition to get one each year...either start him on a series from Hallmark or create your own ornament idea for each year.
We asked for Clippo from my parents for Baylen!
We want a wagon too, but we are saving that for B's first bday!
Have fun shopping for H's first xmas!!!
Ditto on the Leap Frog Musical Activity Table, Blake LOVED that until he started climbing on it and standing up so we put it away. We also do the yearly ornament tradition, my mom did that with us as kids and we are continuing it w/ him. Blake got a Bounce and Spin Zebra for Xmas last year and that was a HUGE hit.
Other than that I'm no help, I can't decide what Santa & Mom'n'Dad are getting Blake this year either. My mom bought him a train table and set so now I don't know what to get him. I'll probably just get him the Spanish Muzzy Language Course and call it a day. Good luck!
You guys must be psychic because we ordered him a leapfrog table last night. I forgot to put that on there. So, I must be going in the right direction for toys.
we hit up toys r us yesterday. Yikes!!! It was super busy but we got Katie some fun things. Katie is happy walking around the house so we got her a shopping cart that she can move around when she walks, we also got her a leapfrog fridge magnet that is a barn and has farm animals that I hope she will like.
Is your MRSA getting better? That has gone around our school several times. I hope all is well:)
Tyler was 9 months old at Christmas last year....he got a wagon, a giant stuffed Elmo, a Little People car set (That he just started playing with recently) and a tool box thing that you hit the people and they pop up and say "Peak A Boo, I see you." He loves it. He also got a Little People Farm, a shopping cart, a turtle that lights up at night and shows the starts on the ceiling (a big hit!) and so much more! Everyone will SPOIL him!
Boxes wrapped in paper are good. Take him to see Santa while he still likes him. Get him a special Baby's First Christmas ornament. Dress him up in fun clothes. Get him fun Xmas Pjs. Have him watch you put cookies and milk out for Santa. Take him to church. Do everything you would normally do - he'll love every minute. This year, it's not about toys, but the first-time experiences!
Logan got a wagon for his 1st Christmas too. We opted for the wodden Radio Flyer one and it's still holding up really well 6 years later.
Olive is getting the GloWorm, a shopping cart with plastic food, and a doll. That's it so far. I sitll need a couple more things. I think her godmother may be getting her a doll carriage, the Fisher Price one. It's like a push/walker thing. We got her a baby's 1st Christmas ornament too, we put them on the tree as soon as it goes up and the kids get a new one each year. This year though I think I'm going to set up the small tree my grandfather made for me and put it upstairs outside the boys' bedrooms and let them hang all their yearly ornaments on it. That should free up some room on the big tree downstairs!
Grace is getting a wagon and an outdoor toy car to ride in this summer. I am already excited for summer to come!
Post a Comment