Henry and I had our second class for swim lessons and I put his face under water! How scary is that? He did really well but he was all about the splashing and trying to drink the pool water - gross! Ryan came to class with us so it was good for him to see what we were doing in class. Most of it is just getting the babies accustomed to water so that they are not afraid of the water and as they get older - will know how to swim.
So, Henry was cranky today. He stands all the time but falls because he is still learning the balance act and then he screams because he scared himself or bumped his head. He has the battle bruises to show for the falls too. He also had terrible diaper rash and I would love to say it's because he is teething but he still has NO TEETH! What is the deal? Seriously?! Poor kid is drooling, has diaper rash, is chewing on everything under the sun and there are no teeth to show for it.
One more thing I am wondering about, why does he not sleep through the night? He wakes up between midnight and 2am to take a bottle. Is this normal? He then wakes up at 5:30 for another bottle. Am I not giving him enough during the day? He is 7.5 months old and gets cereal and fruit in the morning and cereal and vegetable in the evening and gets 5-6, 6-8 oz bottles a day. He is still on 1st foods too - how much food do I give him? should he eat an entire container per meal? I was slow to start him on food so I know he is behind on the eating schedule for most kids his age but am I not providing him enough during the day that he is starving in the middle of the night?
Alright, i am off to bed so that we can get up at 1 am!
4 comments:
Sam, this is TOTALLY normal for him to wake in the night. Lots of babies wake up in the night to eat. Baylen is the SAME way. He wakes sometime between 11-2 a.m and if he doesn't take a bottle then, he'll take one later, like at 3 or 4 a.m., sometimes 5....depending on when he wakes up. Henry's teething, so he's going to wake up too, b/c his teeth might be bothering him. (that explains the diaper rash..teeth are in his NEAR future) Also, when babies are learning new tricks, like standing, crawling, etc., they tend to wake in the night too, which is also very normal. Boys just tend to eat more, that is what every mom friend of mine here in WA tells me..that boys eat and eat and eat...
You can try switching him to some 2nd foods...they are a little bit thicker, but there is more variety and even little meals, like chicken noodle dinner, turkey with gravy, etc. etc. I am sure he's getting enough during the day...he's just a growing boy and may just need that extra bottle at night. Remember, he's not nursing anymore, so he might just need that extra "comfort" and eventually, he'll outgrow the waking up at night.
P.S yes he can eat an entire container in one sitting if he seems like he is still hungry and/or wants to eat it. Baylen is up to 3 baby food meals a day...breakfast, lunch and dinner. he can eat one container of 2nd foods by himself.
Ditto everything that Sarah said.
Yep absoloutly, I would definately swith him to second foods right now, at that age Ireland was gobbling it down, she especially loved the mac and cheese. She'd have some oatmeal and a whole thing of fruit for breakfast, then a fruit and veg for lunch and then a dinner and fruit at dinner time. She ate alot and that might be part of the problem, he could want more, but every baby is different and I found Ireland always let me know if she was full or not. Good luck with the teeth!
Post a Comment