I have talked about my little man a lot but I have not talked about my #1 partner in a while. Ryan and I will be married 5 years in April and will have been together 10 years this spring. This is so hard to believe. We are in the middle of planning a trip to celebrate but not sure where we will go. I am excited for any vacation since I can take it starting in April.
Ryan is truly super mom. He takes and picks Henry up from school most days. He also makes dinner each night and generally makes Henry's dinner too. Ryan and I alternate bath nights and who puts him to bed. In the morning, we alternate who gets him ready and Ryan always takes him downstairs to feed him before school. He is the primary care taker of our children with fur as well. He gets up with them in the middle of the night when they want out and will always let them out in the evening when we are home. Ryan truly is Mr. Mom. Don't think I am not aware of how lucky I am. He is amazing with Henry, our dogs, and takes excellent care of me. I am truly spoiled by Ryan on a daily basis.
Ryan truly gets me. When others think I am abrasive, bossy, too direct...etc., Ryan chalks it up to me being me. He has found some way to look beyond that and help me laugh at myself and take myself so much less seriously than I used to. He is able to put me in my place and scrape me off the ceiling when I am uber annoyed with people. He provides me with perspective when I am unreasonable. And although he is known to be quiet, he will stand up for what he believes in with no hesitation and that is one of my most favorite characteristics about him.
So although I don't say much about him on the blog, he is always in the background keeping me grounded and the reason I keep some form of sanity.

1 comment:
Who's the sexy guy in the background?
Post a Comment