This weekend flew by so fast! We had a lot go on and I feel like we got a lot done too.
Friday night was a social outing for work. Families were invited to attend a Kernal's game and I think everyone had fun. Those are my favorite kind of events, the kids really liked playing with each other and it's fun to meeting people's spouses. :)
Saturday was my 10K. I wanted to finish and not come in last. I accomplished both... but I was close to last. Who cares though, I did it and that is what matters. I ran it with my cousin and I was pooped afterwards. After a short nap we headed to the St. Jude's Sweet Corn Festival for lunch. I will admit, I was a Sweet Corn Festival virgin and the first visit was great. We fed all of us (3 adults, 1 toddler) for $13... not bad! After lunch Ryan, Henry, and I headed to Kirkwood to watch Aaron graduate from nursing school. He officially is an RN. I am so proud of him, he has worked hard for this. This coming weekend he gets married so August is a busy month for him.
Saturday evening we headed to IC for Sushi with Ryan' parents, Aunt and Uncle, cousins, and Aaron/Ashly to celebrate Aaron's graduation. I LOVE their sushi. Expensive but oh so good. Heading home we were ready to crash in bed! The race and excitement of the day took it out of me.
This morning we woke up and decided to go grocery shopping. Picked up what was needed and headed home to mow the lawn and clean the house. I gave the main floor a much needed scrubbing and when Ryan was done mowing, took the car to get washed. When I returned, we began the start of our home renovations.
Ryan and I bought our home for the 'bones' and layout of the house, not for the aesthetics of the place. Let's be honest, it's sorta like entering the late 80's/early 90's in our home. There is wall paper, outdated woodwork, dated light fixtures, weird carpet in weird places, and ugly counter tops/cabinets in areas. BUT, this is why we bought the house, to do projects and make it what we want. We did that with our last house and we'll do that with this house. It's a money pit because that is where our money tends to go, back into the house...that and the clothing in my closet but that is a minor detail. :) So, today we removed the cabinets that hung over our kitchen island. Let me tell you WE LOVE THE NEW LOOK. There is still a lot of work to do but we are happy with the start. I just hope we keep the momentum because there are so many things I want to do to this place this fall... It'll be semi-updated by Spring hopefully. After all, winter sucks in Iowa so in home projects will be a great way to pass the time!
On a side note, the weather was AWESOME today. We have kept the windows open all day, it's nice to have some fresh air in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment