Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tara's weekend

This weekend I traveled to WDM to celebrate my sister's wedding shower and bachelorette party.  She is getting married next month and we decided to have both events on the same day (which is nice because then you take care of two things at one time).

I traveled to my parents early that morning and didn't have to do much for set up.  I got some cupcakes and cookies for the shower and Tara's friend arranged for a party bus that evening.  I picked up some munchies and jimmy john's slim 6 (cheese/bread) sandwiches for the bus and it was just that easy.  Tara decided to do a wig themed party so all the girls showed up in their wigs and I think everyone had a good time. 

By the end of the night I was so tired.  I know I have never been a night person but it takes me a while to re-coop from an evening of partying.

Ryan kept Henry in Cedar Rapids for the weekend so I was able to spend time with my mom and Tara.  It occurred to me that we never get to do that anymore so it is always fun to get together with them.  We went shopping where my mom spoiled us both (thanks mom!) and before I knew it I needed to head home.

The summer has just flown by and before I know it, fall/winter will be knocking on our door.  Here are things I am excited about coming up:

  • I am totally loving two songs on the radio right now, Sugarland's 'Stuck like glue' and some song by some guy called, 'lover lover'...obsessed.
  • I am running in a 10K for the sweet corn festival

  • Aaron graduates with his RN (I am so proud of him!)

  • Aaron and Ashly get married - and we reunite with Josh and Leslie :)

  • College football starts - I CANNOT WAIT!

  • Tara gets married

  • Training for the 1/2 marathon and the event itself

  • There are a few shorter runs I am going to do this fall

  • Ryan's 30th Birthday

  • Taking more vacation time (I have not taken a whole lot thus far this year and I need to use it or lose it.  I have 4 weeks so I will be taking some time to myself!)
There are other little things in there but those are just the few I can remember tonight off the top of my head.  I love this time of year, even though it means summer is coming to an end.  Fall is my favorite season and I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Daddy (B.I.G.) said...

Mom spoiled both you and Tara???
Love,
Daddy (B.I.G.)