Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2011

On the 23rd we kicked off the festivities of Christmas with Ryan's parents, Aaron and Ashly, and Big Grandma.  We all met at J and C's home to exchange gifts and share a meal together.  Every year we are spoiled and are given more than we truly deserve, this year was no different.  This year we changed things up a bit and went to Christmas Eve Eve service at our church.  More on church to come at a later post.


Henry has discovered the work out equipment at Grandma and Grandpa's house and made each person sit on equipment to get a pre-Christmas meal workout in. :)


On Christmas Eve Ryan and I hosted dinner for Ryan's family.  We were happy all could make it with all the snow.  Even the dogs were having a hard time maneuvering around in the white stuff.  I don't have pictures of the day and night so I apologize but somehow we managed to fit 16 people in our house for dinner and gifts.  We loved having them in our home and enjoyed the company.


That night, Santa came to our house.  When I was growing up, you didn't open gifts before Christmas morning, there were not even gifts under the tree until Christmas morning.  Henry woke up and didn't come into our room, he went straight for the tree announcing to Ryan and I that there were presents under the tree and Santa had come to the house.  He was so excited and opened not only his gifts but assisted Ryan and I in opening our gifts as well.


At school Henry had made reindeer food and that night we set out milk and cookies for Santa.  I am not sure that Henry understood the milk and cookies for Santa, he could not understand why we were not eating them.  He was happy that Santa came and regardless of the day and what has been given to him since, he claims that Santa gave it to him.


Even the puppies were given toys from Santa in their stockings.  Each puppy got a new stuffed toy to make noise with and shred at their pleasure.  I am surprised and happy to say that all three stuffed toys are still in tact as of this moment, but I can't promise anything for later this week.


After opening presents as a family we packed the car and headed to WDM to visit my parents and open more gifts.  I am so glad we opted to have our own Christmas first, I truly don't think we would have been able to fit all the gifts, the dogs, our bags and Henry in the car had we not.  It was packed to the ceiling and truthfully if we had another kid, I don't know that we would have been able to take anything with us!  




As always we were spoiled by my family, Henry especially.  He was given everything and anything Cars.  He is obsessed with Cars and Buzz Lightyear.  You cannot go wrong with either of those characters for gifts.  Henry also got plenty of band-aids, his other obsession.  Santa brought Henry Trains and Tractors, new Crocs and art supplies. 


One of the hits was a tool set that included these super cool safety goggles.  I love this age, Henry is willing to try anything right now.  Brad, my sister's husband, dressed as Santa for the morning and eventually had to jump in the shower because the white powder he was wearing was getting all over him.


 But not before we took the sibling photo.  My sister and I both married lumberjacks.


We were lucky to have a white Christmas at our house this year.  I always hope that it snows on Christmas.  It makes me happy and this year mother nature did not disappoint.  She provided plenty of snow and then some.  Our house and trees were white and this morning we woke up to more beautiful snow.  I fell in love with winter today and next week, I will be happy should it decide to go away.



Here's hoping you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.  I am looking forward to having this week off to relax but also get projects done around the house.  Ryan and I took advantage of the day while Henry was at daycare to see Harry Potter and take a much needed nap! 

No comments: