Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NO BINK FOR SURE!

I am so excited!  Henry has gone the past four days without a bink.  He is such a trooper.  It was both Ryan and my's new years resolution to rid him of the bink.  He doesn't need it, he needs to have every opportunity to develop his speech, and feel confident without it.  Truthfully, he has little whining fits that happen around the times when we would have used to give him a bink but everytime we put him down to sleep, which is the only time we gave him the bink after new years day, he is really calm and doesn't freak.

He is talking more and my favorite word is, 'Hello'.  I have to get it on video because I so love it!  He is just so fun lately.  At night when we get him ready for a bath, he loves to take off his clothes and try to escape down stairs.  He just giggles and giggles because he thinks he is getting away with being sneaky.  I love how he gets a kick out of himself.  He will talk to himself and just start laughing at himself like he said the funniest thing.  It's too cute.

In other Henry news, I think he is developing some seperation anxiety from me.  I have been working longer hours so I don't have to bring my work home with me as often and since this has happened, he cries in the morning when I leave for work and cries if I put him to bed vs. Ryan.  It's really heartbreaking.  I have taken him to school this week and picked him up so I hope that helps a little with the anxiety.

So, I know I haven't updated too much but I am trying and I need to get updated photos of Henry for this thing so be patient, I will get there.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

baylen is in the same stage right now too...anxiety/me leaving. it's been going on since xmas vacation ended. he's also been fighting bedtime (which he didn't do before) and talking himself to sleep sometimes for nearly an HOUR. :GRRRRR:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Yeah! Congrats on the bink.

The seperation thing is just his age. It will go away. Then soon - just like the Darius Rucker song - they don't even care if you're gone :(

MrsNick said...

Congrats on no bink! I can't imagine how hard breaking the bink habit can be...not to mention potty training. You guys are ab fab parents! It will be fun to hear about all the new words he learns.