Friday, January 1, 2010

New year, new goals.

Today is the start of the new year.  I was happy to have the day off and I am looking forward to having the weekend to relax.  Each year everybody makes new years resolutions, and I have to say, I have made my fair share.  On my list of New Years Resolutions for 2010:

1. We will be bink free by the time Henry is two.  We started today by only giving him his bink when he was in his crib.  He asked for it SEVERAL times but we stuck to our guns and said 'no'.  Next week, we will ask daycare to not give it to him at nap time and ease him out of sleeping with it.  My hope is that it will force him to use more language.  Right now he will grunt and point a lot and make no effort when it's in his mouth, to communicate what he wants.  When it is out of his mouth, it is a HUGE difference.  He actually makes an effort.  So, by two years of age, we should be bink free.

2. I am going to read more and watch less TV.  It's always on for background noise but I often wonder if it was off, would I get less suckered into it?  Most likely, 'yes'.  So, less TV, more nose in the books.

3. I want to be more of a minimalist.  I have a box by the door to put stuff in when we decide we no longer use it and then when the box is full, off to goodwill it will go.  We have so much stuff, we don't need it, and I do believe, 'less is more'. 

4. I am going to use my current purse for a year.  That may not seem hard for some but it takes control on my end and I am going to do it!

5. And last, I am going to try to eat healthier and be more active.  I have been working on this since the end of October and I am happy to say I am smaller than I was in college and when I got married but I still have a ways to go.  So, I am going to continue that goal.

So, what are your resolutions?

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Great goals. We only have 1: to get Tyler potty trained!