I am so over the cold season. Last Thursday, Henry was fussy and I noticed his balance was off. At the time I didn't think it was too much to be worried about because the child always gets off balance when he is upset. He just likes to throw his body about. Anyway, I got a call on Friday from daycare that he was running a fever and was told I needed to pick him up. We got home and I gave him ibuprofen. He seemed OK, a little grumpy but even though I thought going to the doctor would have been a good idea, I chose not to take him and let me tell you, I should have trusted my gut.
Because of my inability to use common sense, I missed out on my good friend Robin's shower and bachelorette party. I missed out on spending time with some of my best friends from my childhood and I missed out on spending time with my mom and dad. Ugh.
I spent the weekend catering to Henry's every need because if I hadn't, he would scream and cry and pout and throw himself on the floor kicking and screaming. I am pretty sure Ryan was looking forward to having the weekend to himself and getting stuff done around the house.
Monday morning we took Henry to the Dr. and sure enough, the child had the onset of an ear infection. Not only that but Ryan was starting to feel terrible himself and I was beginning to come down with a cold. By Wednesday, Ryan felt so bad he stayed home and tomorrow Henry does not have school so I will be taking vacation! This week has been crazy with all of us being sick in combination with people viewing our home and having to alter our regular schedule not to mention keeping our home spotless. I am ready for somebody to purchase our home just so we can live in it again.
4 comments:
no fun about the sickness.
I totally understand about the not "living" in your home. Our house has been on the market for over 6 months...and it's so frustrating feeling like you can't live in your own house. Hope things go quick for you!!
Sorry to hear that you are all feeling so crummy! I hope that you're back in the game soon! Also - love the pics of your new house; all of those big trees are so great!
So sorry that everyone is sick there too. We can't seem to kick it either. Hope your house sells soon! Our condo was on the market for almost a year and it's so stressful!
you need to ask for the rocephin shot. seriously if he gets one more. demand it.
Post a Comment