Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First a haircut, then ice cream

Yesterday night Henry got a new doo. Hooray! He was getting fairly shaggy and his hair sometime was in his eyes. Some think the curls are cute, and they are, but I like his hair clean cut, just like I like Ryan's short and clean. I love how it turned out. I like it a little long on top and short on the sides and in back. I think he looks so grown up, that is the only down side, he can no longer pass as a "baby" but looks like a full blown toddler. I think he is so adorable but maybe I am just biased. :)

After the haircut, we came home and since I had to meet up with Ashly at 6:30, I thought I would have dessert before dinner. I grabbed an ice cream cone and Henry was not happy that he did not get one. I started out letting him have bites of the ice cream and then he snatched it from my hands. He LOVED it. He was just so happy but I now know that we need to have dinner before dessert because after the ice cream, he wanted nothing for dinner. Lessen learned by mom.


i have to admit that although sometimes things don't go as planned, this time he had such a great time with his first ice cream cone and it was so worth it!

I've said it before, a happy Henry = a happy mom!



3 comments:

Sara Quillin said...

love it!! Yes, Henry does look so grown up- especially with the clean cut look!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Love the new do! It's amazing what a few little snips will do a baby, er toddler. So grown up!!

I like the same do as you - longer on top, shorter on sides and back. I have YET to find someone to do that to Tyler's hair. They chop it all over and then I'm annoyed.

Sarah said...

he does look so grown up. i love his hair cut.