This past weekend we had our annual weekend at the lake with our BFFs Josh and Leslie and this time Aaron and Ashly were able to join us as well.


We spent Thursday night catching up and Friday running around to all the shops while the boys fished. Leslie and I shopped at serendipity, the scrapbook store that is closing, much to my dismay. It is a cute shop and had great stuff but they are retiring and everything was on sale with an additional 10% off. We also went to Kidtopia which is moving locations but before they do, they were trying to get rid of their inventory so they had a sale. I purchased stuff for Henry for Christmas. I even got his Halloween costume there (it's a surprise).
On Saturday, we took the boat over to Okoboji from Spirit Lake, picked up Aaron and Ashly on a community dock, and headed out for a fun day of boating. The weather was perfect, high seventies, low humidity, little wind and sunny. We spent the day on West and East Okoboji, stopping at the Ritz and Barefoot bars. You can't tell it here but I had a terrible sunburn. I used expired sunscreen and it did me no good. I was in so much pain and I am still recovering. During our time on the lake, the water was a bit choppy in the middle, most of the boats are much bigger than the boat we were on and it freaked me out a bit. I am an excellent swimmer but I am not one to go fast in a boat, I like to cruise around at a slower speed. The jarring feeling of hitting the waves while going fast reminded me of an accident I was in in high school when I rear ended another vehicle going over 40 miles an hour. Anyway, it freaked me out and they had to go slower, which they didn't like, but I am glad they did. It's just a feeling that you never forget.

After boating in Okoboji, we took the boat back over to Spirit Lake for some fun boating photos but they are a surprise. When they get released, I will post them on the blog but until then, you just have to wait.

As always, Sunday came too soon and we were headed home. Normally we would be more sad because Josh and Leslie live in NE and we live 4 hours from them but we will get to see them in KC in two weeks so it wasn't so sad to see them go knowing we would see them so soon. Ashly and Aaron stayed another day to get wedding plans worked on and it sounds like they have most of the big stuff reserved so it turned out to be productive for them as well. Of course the day was beautiful when we left but that is how we wanted it. Each time we have been to the lake this year is was cold, windy, and sometimes rainy. I needed our last time at the lake this year to be nice and it was so that is all I could ask for in the end.
1 comment:
I can't wait for the surprise! What will it be? What will it be? Maybe some cool ski tricks? Really Sam, I can't wait.
Post a Comment