Long time no blog, I just don't know what my problem is.
Anyway, I am been thinking about my career lately and making a pro/con list. Do you all do that? There are aspects I really like, for example: My co-workers and the company I work for (in general), the interaction I have with many of the providers I call on, and I really like health care for the most part. What I don't like is the travel (which is really starting to wear on me), the BS paperwork, and a general misunderstanding by the general public as to what it is I really do for a job. This third one I can only control so much but outside of my efforts, can't be helped because the pharmaceutical industry doesn't do anything to give the public any reason to understand what they do. blah, blah, blah. The fact of the matter is, when I weigh the pros/cons, I am no longer satisfied, I want more and something different. I feel so lucky and grateful to have a job so don't get me wrong, but I need more from my job than what I have at this time, I just don't know how to find it.
Ok, done complaining. In Henry world, he is being treated for an ear infection and sinus infection and has two molars just about done popping through. 2 down, 2 to go. Next week we have to go back to the Dr. and possibly talk about tubes. I have to say, I am not scared for him to have tubes. I feel like it is a common procedure and we have great physicians to do the surgery so I know he will be in good hands should he get tubes but again, that is not for certain.
And sickness, just like death, happens in 3's I swear. Ryan's grandma lost sight in one of her eyes this week because of a lens, that was inserted last year, cut a vein behind her eye and her eye was filled with blood. At the time she had no pain but after all the examination on her eye, she is in excruciating pain and there is nothing the Dr. says he will do until the blood disappears which may take a week. She has 4x the normal pressure in her eye and they won't do anything to relieve the pressure, which causes permanent damage the longer the pressure lasts. Needless to say, she is miserable and we are hoping for her pain to go away and for a speedy recovery.
Then this past week, Ryan's aunt's father had pain so severe in his hip, he was hospitalized. He is a 2x cancer survivor and they had thought he had arthritis but then thought maybe the cancer came back. I am happy to report that it was not cancer but possibly a pinched nerve in his back so we hope he finds relief soon as well.
Geez, I am full of happiness, sunshine, and rainbows today, arn't I? I need a good nights rest, and hopefully will get up on the right side of the bed tomorrow!
3 comments:
Sounds like you've got a lot on your mind right now Sam.
I know what it's like to not like your job though. I worked in HR at 2 different hospitals after college and finally I was just done and once that thought was in my head it was all I could think about. It really started to wear on my family because I brought the rotten mood home with me. That's when I finally got my current job. (Although I am in the middle of a move within the company because my boss is crazy and I needed out.) Hang in there, I'm sure you'll find your answer soon.
Although I was completely freaked out about tubes for Olive, they really are the best thing we could have done for her. She is so much happier now and I don't dread the winter season now. My advice would be to push the issue. If he's going to end up with them, get them done before the winter season starts.
Home all your family members are feeling better soon!
Hang in there Sam. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
I constantly want to stay home; that is what I want to do, but it won't happen, not if I want Tyler to go to preschool. I used to weigh the pros/cons but I'm pretty satisified with my job now. I don't think it's unsual to weigh the pros/cons. Like life, there are seasons with a job
I think we all question our jobs at some point or another, what we really want to do or what we were meant to do. It's just being human and wanting what's best for ourselves and our families, as well as knowing there are so many great opportunities out there just waiting for us. A few years back, I began to think that maybe teaching was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. A small part of it had to do with what the general public thinks of school teachers (especially at schools where kids can't pass the state test) but really, a lot of it had to do with me being burnt out...taking on too much at school and having a principal who was a little too controlling, which brought down morale for EVERYONE in our building. Luckily, we have a new principal now who is amazing and everything has begun to change for the better. After Brynn was born, I started "downsizing' some of my responsibilities at work and giving up some of my coaching so I could have more time to myself and spend it with my baby. :) I hope you can find some peace or some answers with your occupation.
And I agree with Briana--push for the tubes sooner than later so he can have time to adjust and have some healthy time before fall comes along. I have been reading a lot of info about the Swine flu strain, as well as info on why some experts think we'll have a nasty cold/flu season this fall and winter, including bigger outbreaks of strep and other nasty viruses. After Baylen had his tubes put in, when he became sick, he had a bit of a runny nose, maybe a little cough and then nothing else. He was not so crabby and it was so much more pleasant because he wasn't sick all the time and he could actually sleep. Baylen had ear infections so bad that when he laid down, it made him feel sick to his stomach/dizzy and that's why he had so much trouble sleeping. Poor kid. The sooner the better. I hope he and all of your family members feel better soon.
Post a Comment