Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Going to Kansas City, Kansas City here we come!

We spent the holiday weekend in Kansas City visiting our good friend Brad and met up with Leslie and Josh. It had been at least two years since we had come to visit KC so we wanted to do something we had never done before... Go to a Royals game! It was free BBQ apron night at the ballpark and the guys sported them like champs! It even had a belt printed on it! Ha! Unfortunately for the Royals, they lost in the 11th inning. I must say, they play in a very nice stadium but I have only been to Wrigley which has a lot of history and is home to the greatest team in baseball, the Cubbies. :)

I was also lucky enough to meet up with Kati (J) and Sara, two of my good friends from college. We met up at one of Kati's favorite spots and made our way over to an ice cream shop after dinner. It makes me sad when I see my friends that I haven't seen in ages because I know I won't be back for at least another year but that is why I make every effort to at least meet up for a meal and drinks.
While at dinner with Sara and Kati, Sara yells out, "I smell a skunk", and not very quietly. Kati just giggles and tells Sara, "it's not a skunk" and goes about her story. Sara again interrupts and asks, "do you smell that, ugh!". At this point, Kati leans over to Sara and quietly whispers, "it's pot". By this time, we are laughing our asses off because Sara's face was priceless. Not only was Sara in shock by this but just moments later, two girls in the bar, which was not crowded at all, had a full on make out session. Sara was just too funny with her reactions and I hadn't laughed that much in a long time!

I would say KC was a success. The only thing we wanted to do was sleep in and relax with good friends and we did just that. Next time, I hope to take Henry with us, I am certain there are plenty of activities he would enjoy.

4 comments:

Briana said...

So fun that you guys got to meet up!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

It definitely was a great time!! I miss being around you all the time Sam! Maybe I can figure out a way to come to CR

(OMG, my belly looks so huge!!)

MrsNick said...

We miss you too! It made my weekend to see you and hang out. I hope you have a great week!

Sarah said...

cool.:)