Sunday, September 13, 2009

a weekend of fun.

We are still working on using a spoon. This is a shirtless event.
We did our best to get in the Cyclone spirit, Henry even put on Dad's hat which is rare - he just doesn't like hats. He was ready to watch the game at grandmas. Ryan took him over in the bike trailer and I headed off to a 14 hour scrap booking gathering. There were only 3 cyclone fans and 10 Hawk fans. We were all good sports. Not sure what team was playing the Hawks on Saturday but I sure didn't think it could have been ISU. Surly my cyclones would have shown up to play but that sadly was not the case.




With the game behind us, we got ready to head out to Old McDonald Farm this morning with Grandma. There were ducks, cows, pigs, donkeys, goats, and chickens. Luckily, there was no petting that animals. Lord knows the child would have tried to ride them if they let him close enough. The farm is located in a giant park so we played at the park after and wore everybody out. Henry took a 3 hour nap today!

This evening we headed to Coralville to have dinner with our good friends, Jenny and Paul. They made crab legs and chocolate tortes. I had never had crab legs were you actually crack the legs and take the meat out. It was delicious. I can't believe I had never done that before. Ryan and I both have made a vow to do it again soon. As for the chocolate torte, it was flour less and probably the best chocolate dessert I have had in ages. Jenny is always a great cook so I expected nothing less of her but she really out did herself this time. I think it will be a dessert request when we get together for dinner in the future.
As always, the weekend proved to be too short. We have the work week ahead of us, and I have a lot going on so I hope it goes quickly so that we can get onto another great, fun filled weekend!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hey, take some pics of your scrapbooking and post them up!

Samantha said...

I definately will. I have to get all my stuff dug out re-organized from all the travel bags and snap a few photos to post. :)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Love those pictures!

I'd like to see your scrapbooks too. I know they are fabulous!