Saturday, December 20, 2008

A lot going on

So...There is a lot going on here. First, it is snowing and blowing and I am not a fan, not at all. I have three dogs who love the snow and bring all their wetness inside which means my socks get wet and I really dislike that.

I am hosting a cookie exchange tomorrow...I am a bit nervous, I have never hosted nor been a part of a cookie exchange so I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

Henry is sick, I think. He keeps putting his hand in his mouth, which I think makes him gag and then he throws up. He changed his outfit 5 times, 2 baths, changed his sheets once, and there is no diaper absorbent enough for overnight, I am convinced. Ryan and I are calling him, "peebunker", but not to his face - spare me the mean mom comments! I feel bad for the little dude because he cannot tell me if he is bringing this on himself or if he as a stomach bug. He does have runny bunnies but I heard that when a baby is on antibiotics, it doesn't necessarily happen immediately, it can happen after the course of therapy so I am hoping that is the deal. Agh, I am pooped!

Ryan is not feeling well and our toilet and fridge are on the fritz. The toilet Ryan is trying to fix, the fridge needs to be replaced - you could freeze anything you like in the fridge part just as well as the freezer part. I tried to crack an egg today, it was solid and that wasn't because it was hard boiled either. Big poop sandwich!

Other than that, Christmas gifts are purchased and almost all are wrapped. My adopted family is going to have a great Christmas, I am going to give her the presents on Monday. On top of that my co-worker decided to purchase the kids and mom gifts, my mom gave a monetary donation to the cause and my chiropractor donated all her son's clothing that no longer fits since she said clothing was what she needed most. As for my family, they are shopped for too. Hooray, I think Christmas will be a nice break from work, giving me some relaxation time.

1 comment:

FinnLand said...

Hi Sam,
I've been lurking for awhile...found you through Sara (Duree) Nickel's site. We went to Drake together. Anyway, I too have a 9 month old boy (3/31/08) and have had a heck of a time finding diapers that don't leak at night. Best bet are Huggies Overnights. They seem to minimize the leaking, although Aidan is still damp some mornings when he wakes up. Nothing cuddly or cute about stinky, pee-soaked baby. :)