He did really well this weekend except after nap he did not want to let go of the Bink, which by the way we have to spell out when talking about it because he gets uber excited about the word and then wants one. When he doesn't have his bink, he is always shoving his fingers in his mouth. I am wondering if this is because he is still getting his molars and has 7 of his front teeth. Maybe the bink is soothing? I don't know but part of me feels like I should wait until he has all his teeth, the other part of me thinks if his bink goes away, it will promote more speech from him. He babbles all the time, he grunts and points and says a few words including:Hi
Bye
Mama
Dada
Dog
Ball
Cat
I know that isn't a lot but he also knows where his nose, tummy, and toes are and signs for more, please, eat, hugs, and all done. He can make the noise of a pig and horse and can follow instructions most of the time.
I guess I just feel like the bink is holding him back or something but that is probably just my complex. Anyway, there are many sources that have recommended getting rid of the bink before the 18 month mark so that is my goal. I figure I have two months, wish me luck!
2 comments:
do what you feel is right for Henry and your family. Baylen still has his and will for awhile until I feel comfortable getting rid of it. His teeth are coming in (molars esp.) and it's been quite painful for him. He does find the paci soothing and I just don't ahve the heart to take it from him yet. Brynn had hers until she was almost 3. I admit we almost were rid of it around 18 months. Then Baylen was born and we were back to square one. However, B. never had his bink at school. Only at home. We're working on slowly limiting the use of his too. Nap time and bedtimes is what were working towards. With Brynn we started with NEVER in the car, only at home whenever she wanted it. Then it was No car, Not downstairs--only in her room. Then it was only when she was sleeping...naps and bedtime. Then it was only bedtime. Finally, none at all. WE did about 1-2 weeks for each "rule." I admit it was a good way to "scaffold" to the end, but there were times it wasn't easy. Good luck!
Do what you think is right...Doctors/mags, etc., say 15 months but I think it was more 18 months before we got rid of ours; however, after 15 months or so, it was an only-napping-sleeping thing.
They say if you make it through 3 nights/days without it, you're home free
Post a Comment