Do your children have nicknames? Names that you may or may not call them more than their given name?
Ryan and I are the king and queen of nicknames. We have always had nicknames for each other, our pets, and now our adorable child as well.
Most may have known my hubs as, "the bug" while in college. I called him that for a very long time and he reciprocated calling me, bug. Well, this has evolved over time and through evolution, has become "Snoog". Long story.
Our dogs, Guinness, Riley, and Winston are referred to as Mouse, Joes, and Jah Wicky Wicky. Again, long story.
Henry was born with the name Henry James Pasdiora Lagneaux. I gave him four names. I changed my middle name to my maiden name when I got married and gave Henry two middle names which I will do with any children we have in the distant future. I love my maiden name and feel like it defined me in many ways. Anyway, when Henry was born, we called him "the little jub jub" - it came from Conan O'brian and fit Henry. This has since evolved into Joob and we now call him "The Wubby".
So, on with my story...
Ryan generally takes Henry to school but this one day I took Henry to school and filled out his morning paperwork. As I was leaving here is what happens:
Sam: Henry, you have a good day.
Henry: gives me a hug, pushes me away to go play
Sam: Love you Wubby
Other Preschooler: His name isn't Wubby, it's Henry J! (in a very authoritative tone)
She sure told me!
3 comments:
I call Tyler my handsome mansome and now it's turned into bubby, not sure why. Other than that we use variations of Tyler and Ty.
Kevin and I have called each other "Punk" and "Juicer" since college. (Long story)
Logan is "Buddy"
Quinn is "Monkey", "Quinny", Quinny Q" or "Quinny Boy"
Olive is "Sweet Pea" to me and Quinn and "Peanut" to Kevin.
Even our cat Molly has a nickname. We call her the "Punk Gato"
Brynn goes by Bee or Beezee most often, and Sis or Sissy
Baylen of course is Mister Mister, Bull, Bub and I call him Pookey a lot
Post a Comment