Henry is officially cutting his second bottom tooth. I am hoping this teeth cutting business gets better because he has been a bear lately. I give him Motrin but still, he is a grump. I had a happy baby for one day and since then, Cranky Hank has appeared and is wearing out his welcome.
These last few weeks, getting him to eat can be a pain in the rear. He decided he hates carrots,and squash. I am lucky to get him to eat green beans and peas. He does like sweet potatoes and will eat sweet potatoes/turkey and ham/apples from a jar. he still loves all fruit and likes yo-baby yogurt. I have to give him a spoon while I feed him because otherwise he tries to grab the spoon with food on it and all of the food ends up on his clothes. he likes puffs, cheerios and yogurt bites. What other things are appropriate with two bottom teeth that would help him with his pincher skills?
Henry is sleeping through most nights, ready and willing to go to bed by 7:00pm and waking around 6:00am. I have been changing his diaper before I go to bed and I am wondering if that has helped? It is always saturated when I change it so I can imagine that would feel better to the little dude. If only he was ready and willing for nap time. on the weekends it kills me that he won't nap unless it is in my arms. I LOVE snuggling my baby but it is truly the only time I have to get anything done so if he could take one nap in his crib, I would be grateful.
Recently if I try to take something away from him that he should not have or remove him from an area that he should not be in, he throws a fit! Seriously, he will, at times, lay on his belly and kick his feet. What is up with that? Is that normal at his age? He also gets frustrated because he tries to fit though spaces that are too small and screams until I either create a space large enough or remove him from the area. He also doesn't like when he is using a walking toy and it runs into a wall or piece of furniture. He falls on his bottom, flaps his arms and pouts. It truly gets annoying and I hate to say that about him because I adore him but not this attitude thing he has going on lately.
He talks up a storm. babbling and grunting at us all the time. I think it's for conversation so I play along. He laughs when we repeat the noises he makes. It's nice to hear his laugh and see his smile.
Henry went to his 9 month appointment a few weeks ago and weighed in at 21 lbs and 30 inches. He didn't have any shots so that was good but we did have to take him to the pediatric eye doctor. In the state of Iowa, you can take your child to the eye doctor for free through the infant see program from the time they are 6 month to 12 months. We had Henry's eyes tested at school and the test showed he may be more farsighted in one eye vs. the other so we took him in to the eye doctor and sure enough, she found the same thing. It was so cool to see her work with him, he did really really well and stayed still for her. She is having him come back in Sept so that we can then determine if Henry will need corrective lenses. Makes me sad he may be so young and need glasses but I definitely want him to see well so if that is what he needs then that is what he gets. So many things change with him from month to month and i am terrible at the monthly updates so I put this up while I was reminded by fitz's blog.
5 comments:
yep those are all normal behaviors..he can't verbalize his frustration and he knows how to do it through crying, screeching, or whatever he can do to get your attention. Eventually, he'll be able to problem solve, which will come in the next month or two and figure out he'll have to back up or try a different route so he doesn't run into the wall or a piece of furniture. Baylen is the same w/ the whole crawling through the smallest spaces possible and thinking he can fit his fat self into every tight space. He gets stuck under so many things, like under coffee tables, under his crib, under chairs and more. Boys are so busy. That is SO nice your little guy is sleeping so well and goes to bed so early!! Wow...I can only hope this will happen to Baylen soon. I might try the changing trick b/f I go to bed. I'm afraid he'd wake up though...Henry must be a heavy sleeper, huh?
Oh, and have you tried Baby Orajel on his gums for teething? All i can say is that it is our life saver and we don't always have to give Motrin or Infant Tylenol but sometimes we give BOTH, esp when he's cranky.
Boys are so busy, that is the truth! As for changing his diaper, he fusses a bit when I do the quick change but I just pick him up, rock him for a minute and put him back in his crib. I was afraid to do it to, but it really helped him. Since I tried this, he sleeps better and longer. I don't talk or turn on any lights, I have the diaper ready and just quickly change him, zip him up and it's back to bed. This is not to say every night he doesn't wake up at an odd hour but most nights he sleeps through the night.
Yes, those are all normal. Welcome to the life of a growing baby...he gets frustrated because he can't tell/show you want he wants. Just keep at it and when he gets upset and throws a fit say "I know you're upset, but.." keeping it as simple as possible. You may think he doesn't understand but he probably does :)
And, I know this isn't the answer your looking for, but seriously let him sleep in your arms. I would DO ANYTHING to get Tyler to cuddle with me now - most days he refuses to give me a kiss or hug; I have to force it (it's a stage). I miss the cuddling too - you will too. Henry's almost out of the cuddling stage!
How about crackers or teething biscuits for him to chew on with those brand new teeth? Olive loves arrowroot cookies and actually says her version of "cookie" each time I open the cabinet, it's hard to say no sometimes!
I too share your frustration over naps! The boys napped pretty well. I put them in their crib and they were out, for at least 2 hours. Not Miss Olive. I'm lucky if she sleeps for 1 hour but I usually can only get a full hour out of her if I hold her. I do it for her sake so she can get the rest she needs. And I agree with Kati too, it'll be all too soon that they don't want to cuddle with you, so I soak it up now although it takes away time for other things. It's time I'll never get back and I'd rather spend it with her now and let the housework wait.
also try like cooking frozen corn or peas and even green beans and give him those to try. (maybe the beans it's too early for him yet, but definitely try corn and peas)
Post a Comment