Ryan took this photo this past summer. It is freezing here and I can only wish we had a beautiful day like the one in this picture.The new year has obviously come and gone. We spent it with our good friends Jenny and Paul in Iowa City at Linn Street Cafe followed by some lounge time back and Jenny and Paul's home. Henry spent the New Year with Grandma and Grandpa hanging out. If you have met my father you would know he is a child's dream (it's probably because he is a giant kid himself). My dad sets up "Henryville" in the living room and lets Henry go wild. He created a story called "Biff Barker in search of the golden lutchie" starring Henry Lagneaux. A lutchie is what my parents called a pacifier. In our house we call it a bink. In fact, when we say, "bink up", Henry will open his mouth for the bink. We are giving him a bink less and less and he only uses it at bedtime 20% of the time which is great!
In exciting Henry news, WE HAVE A TOOTH! Woo hoo! He was very crabby for a day but then he has since been a happy boy which I so love!!!! He also now eats Puffs! AND sleeps through the night 80% of the time. The one thing he does not like is baby food with bits of food in it or baby food with meat in it. I did not realize that people add cereal directly to food and I had been making cereal on the side and then would scoop cereal and then scoop food and rotate each bite between cereal and food....I seriously just figured this out!!! ha! My girlfriends Stephanie and Sara introduced me to this and it's less mess for Henry and he gets more food this way which may be why he is sleeping better. I am so slow sometimes to learn things - that was seriously a "duh" moment.
4 comments:
YAY for a tooth! Now he can start having fun new foods!
(I've always done cereal and food separately. Sometimes, if we're in a hurry, I mix them together but not often.)
YEAH for the tooth!
No worries on the food. I hardly ever mixed it with cereal - yes, I'm terrible, but if you've seen my kid, he's not lacking in food or nutrients.
Henry Lagneaux IS Biff Barker!
I don't always mix cereal and food together either. Often, I serve them separate. Either way, it does not help my little man sleep any longer so I don't even know why I continue to give it to him, unless I'm trying to purposely plug him up to solve his GI issues!!
Post a Comment