
On Friday night Ryan was kind enough to let me out of the house to go scrap booking in Coralville for 7 hours of uninterrupted time with my friend Treena, and time to spend working on Henry's scrapbook. I cannot tell you how much I needed that time to just get away and do something by myself that I really enjoy. It was therapeutic in a way and I am grateful to Ryan for being so great and allowing me some alone time. I also got to use my new Cricut expressions that I got for Christmas from Carol, My MIL (Thank you Carol)! So much fun! I don't know how to use most of the features yet but I am learning and love it! In exchange for my evening scrap booking, Ryan went out on Saturday morning with our friend Andy to do some photography of nature and shot some really great shots of our nations bird, the eagle.

Saturday we got a babysitter and went out with our good friends Jenny and Paul, and Jodee and Andy. We had a wonderful dinner at Daniel Arthurs and joined my co-worker and his girlfriend out at the Irish Democrat for drinks afterward. We stayed out until 12:30am! I know, way past my normal bedtime. I loved every minute of it. We left after Henry was in bed so I didn't miss any time with my little man and got to spend a wonderful evening with my big man! It was great. We also spent some time over at Jim and Carols just hanging out and playing the Wii. Henry kept Carol busy, climbing on everything and refusing to take a nap, a battle we have every weekend, some things never change.
4 comments:
Sounds like a fantastic weekend.
Getting away is good - never make excuses for it :) You need husband/wife time....great photos of Henry!
holy crap that kid could get me some LADIES!!! so damn cute. ;) love you guys
love the pics of Mr. H. He is so handsome! :)
Post a Comment