Thursday, October 8, 2009

grump session

I am officially turning into my mother! When I was growing up, I felt like we were cleaning ALL THE TIME. Just ask her, there is and was and will always be something to clean. I could never understand this, how could you never be done cleaning?


It drives me nuts to have 10 loads of laundry waiting for me on the weekend, beds not made before I leave for work, the kitchen a mess when I go to bed, my office in disarray ALL THE TIME, dog hair on the floor, toys EVERYWHERE, the bathroom counter space covered in bathroom things, living out of laundry baskets with folded clothes, and non-dusted furniture. The kicker is, before we moved, I had a cleaning lady every other week. GLORIOUS! I would highly recommend this to anybody who has the extra cash, it's worth every bit the time you get back from not cleaning. In our new house, I have more space which leads to more cleaning and more area to make a mess.


I live with 2 dogs that shed, that is my choice and I have a Kirby vacuum cleaner because of these dogs. Its heavy duty and worth every stinking dime I spent on it. Let me tell you though, just because I have this vacuum does not mean I want to use it every other day or should be the one who notices it needs to be used.


I have one husband who literally walks out of his clothes. It's like Hansel and Gretel leaving bread crumbs, as if he needs help finding his way out of the bedroom. He is a champ at helping fold the laundry and getting Henry's laundry in the basket... just not his own.


On top of toys for the kid, there are dog toys everywhere. I feel like I am constantly picking up dog toys and putting them back in the basket.

Calgon, take me away!

4 comments:

Briana said...

I hear ya! And I do have a cleaning lady come every other Monday. But I swear that by Tuesday it barely looks like she was here. With 3 males in the house, it's really hard to keep on top of it!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

hahaha! Justin and Tyler get to hear about this every night. I get so tired of picking up after them. Put your damn clothes in the basket!

Anonymous said...

But Sammy.
If you take only 29 minutes you can get everything done. :)
Remember?
Love,
Daddy (B.I.G.)

MrsNick said...

God bless it! Wish we had the cleaning lady. My friend Jen swears by it too with her husband, huge dog which I call a calf, and two kids; but we have no kids, a house, and increasing student loan debt which currently makes up for the time and kid money it takes to run the ideal home. It helps to be very specific; however, I think you and I are the most specific people on the planet. The best advice I heard is that you can only prioritze. Prioritize the big things that p#$$ you off. Then work down to the small. Breathe, trust me it really does work, and pray to you know who that this too shall pass.