Only 7 weeks until our baby arrives! We are due on March 22, 2008 with our first child and to be honest, it's the scariest thing I have ever attempted and the most exciting at the same time. I feel like there is so much to do yet, I know that as an infant the baby will need very little. I have a baby shower this weekend in Des Moines, and I know it will relieve some of my anxiety knowing that I will have some baby essentials on hand.
We have yet to finish the nursery, Ryan has been working on it for a few weeks, painting walls, the ceiling, doors, trim, and reparing the 3 windows in the room. It is a work in progress. The theme of the room is Classic Winnie the Pooh. When it is finished, I will post pictures!
We made the decison not find out the sex of the baby, it will be a suprise for all. We have names picked out for either gender, if you have ideas, make sure to comment.
The pregnancy thus far has been an adventure in itself. I truly did not know what to expect, but what I have learned is that it is different for everyone. It is the weirdest experience and the effects it has had on my body is crazy. I have not been very emotional, actually Ryan says I have been very calm during the pregnancy. The first trimester I was sick all the time and tired. Second trimester was a dream. I felt great! Had a little bit of swelling in my feet but I had energy and wish all trimesters were as great as the second. Third trimester has been very uncomfortable. From the time I wake up until about 1:00pm I feel great, then I become uncomfortable and by 8:00 I am ready for bed. If I fall asleep before 10:00, I am up by 2:30am and will not fall back asleep until 5:00am. Is this training for when the baby comes? Anyway, I get so hot when I sleep and cannot get comfortable. I know in the end, this suffering will end with a great reward.
I have OB appointments once a week from now until the baby is born. This week, on Thursday, I have to have an ultrasound, we need to see how big this baby is because the Dr. says it is bigger that what it should be. I have only put on 20 pounds so it's not a matter of overeating, it may be that we have the due date wrong. I will post on how the appointment goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment