Today I had my 37 week appt. The ultrasound was great, I was given some awesome pics of the baby. I hope the baby is at least as cute in person as it is on the ultrasound screen because it was adorable today! The baby measured 6.8lbs. and is in the 51st percentile...whatever that means, they said it was good. I was measuring at 39 weeks and I don't have to be seen again for 1 week, no blood pressure check on monday, hooray!
The craziness started when I entered my exam room. The walls must be paper thin because this woman in the room next to me was moaning so loudly, like having sex moaning and giggling - what is that all about? Last time I checked, going to the OB Dr. was not that fun. I don't know if the nurse checking my BP was deaf or what but she sure didn't lead onto hearing anything! So, the nurse leaves the room and the moaning is louder, seriously, she might has well been in the same room as me because it was that loud. Then it abruptly stops and turns into screaming- not good screaming, like someone who is in serious pain. This goes on, no joke, for 20 minutes. She then starts sobbing in pain. She definately couldn't have been in labor because they would have taken her to the hospital if that were the case. In the mean time, the door to her room keeps opening and closing and different people are coming in and out every few minutes and then the nurse finally comes out, gets the Dr. and explains that whatever it was that was causing her pain is stuck or grown into the tissue and she has never seen anything like it. I am thinking, shoot this girl up with some lidocain or something to put the rest of us out of our misery!
The Dr. then enters her room and I can hear him crystal clear. He proceeds to tell the woman she has this object that has attached itself to the inside of her uterus and they need to remove it so it will be painful, asks if she wants to bite the pillow because the nurses are going to hold her down and it will take 5 seconds. Oh, and it may be messy and expect to have some bleeding...GROSS! She screamed bloody murder and sobbed for 10 minutes after this thing was removed.
Not 5 minutes later the Dr. comes in my room and apologizes for the wait and the lack of sound proofing in the office. He takes one look at my chart and makes a joke that the screaming next door obviously did nothing to help my blood pressure...I just thought, are you serious? Good grief!
1 comment:
You've been in hiding on here Sam! Yeah! So glad you have one of these; it's a great way to keep everyone up to speed on the baby :)
And Dear GOD how did you sit through that at the doctor? I would have had to leave. You're way courageous
Thanks for the words on my blog. Made me feel better. I hope I never deal with this again; its sucks!!
23 days, the countdown is on. Can't wait for your email introducting us and pics!
Post a Comment