Monday, February 11, 2008

Des Moines Baby Shower

This weekend we traveled to Des Moines for our first baby shower. My very good friend Leslie threw it for us at her parents house. I would by lying if I said I wasn't curious to see what people would get us but I was more excited to see some of my friends that I had not seen in months and some of them I had not seen in a year.

I had lunch with my dear friends Brenda and Megan who I have not seen in quite a while. We met at PF Changs to catch up and just hang out with eachother before the shower. Brenda announced she is planning to have a baby in October! I am thrilled for her, she will be a fantastic mom. Megan drove all the way from Ohiowa, NE and she was just getting over a cold but was a trooper. I was so happy to see her. She brought me a "mommy gift", candles from whispering wick, a candle store in a town near to hers, that I love! I am so excited to burn them!

After lunch I headed home, picked up my mom and sister and headed to the shower. There were friends of my mom that had brought over gifts that we took over to the shower and my mom went above and beyond and purchased us so much baby stuff, it is crazy but we are very grateful.

Leslie had the basement set up and it was perfect, plenty of room and time to socialize and then we at the most fabulous pooh bear cake made by my sister's boyfriends mom and opened gifts. Everyone was so generous and kind, this baby will never want for anything. We recieved many items off our regestry and other items that were not on the registry but just as needed and just as much appreciated.

Ryan and I are so blessed to have loving family and friends, I could not have asked for a better shower and I will forever by in awe of how giving and kind people are to us.

No comments: