Friday, February 29, 2008

CR Baby Shower

Last Saturday, my mother-in-law and brother-in-law's girlfriend threw me a baby shower in Cedar Rapids. It was a brunch so that was nice because it really didn't disrupt much of the day. The weather turned out to be good but there was still so much snow compacted on the road, since Ryan's mom lives on a hill I thought for sure someone would slip and hurt themselves getting to and from their car but that didn't happen thank goodness.

The shower was wonderful. They made the cutest diaper cake and it was classic pooh themed just like the the baby's room. We received the most wonderful gifts from family and friends and could not be more grateful to everyone who has been so generous to us. We are humbled by the outpouring of gifts for the baby.

Since the shower was over at 12:45, my girlfriends Nicole and Robin stayed with Ryan and I Saturday night which was fun because I cannot remember the last time I got to spend some quality time with them. We went to Gringos where everyone ordered Margaritas but me (I cannot wait to have a marg!) and then rented movies which both sucked but we caught up on eachothers lives which was so great.

On Sunday, once Nicole and Robin left to return to their homes, Ryan and I sorted through the baby items to determine duplicates and headed over to Target to exchange for other items. Did you know Target's return policy sucks? You can only make 2 returns per year for under $20 without a reciept - that includes exchanges, and if it is an item over $20, there is nothing you can do about it, they just won't take it back making actual receipts and gift receipts that much more important. Needless to say, Target is on my bad list because of their return policy.

That evening Ryan and I removed items from packaging and began to finalize set up of the nursery. I do think it is beyond cute. Like I stated, the theme is Classic Pooh. The walls are the color of classic pooh bear, the carpet (which came with the house) is the color of Pooh's blue honey pot and the curtins are piglet's body green. We both love the look of the room. When I get a chance to figure out how to post pictures, I will post them.

It was definatly a productive weekend, the only downside is that Ryan and I were both sick by Sunday night and got no sleep because neither of us could breathe due to stuffy noses and achey muscles.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

When you click "new post", there is an icon that looks like a picture. Click it (before you write any text as the pictures will always go to the top) and then you browse to find them. You then click submit and then when they show up in the little box, click done and they will post on your page. Can't wait to see pics!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Is that Brad's blog linked from yours? They are in KC, I know that much, so it has to be him? His is really good!