Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Nursery

I finally figured out pictures on this thing. Took me a while but I had to accept the terms and conditions which I kept forgetting to do so third time was a charm. I promised pics of the baby room. It is not entirly complete, there isn't all that should be on the wall yet but that will just have to come later. I still have stuff to put away and I still have to figure out where everything well go. The joys of living in an 70 year old house is that storage is not great so I have to be creative. In time everything will have a home.
This is the chair Ryan bought for me as a combined birthday present and "push" present because I was set on having a comfortable rocking chair that I could later use elsewhere in the house. It is super cushy!

The changing table, how exciting. Ryan will get to know and love this area of the room very well...ha!


The crib is not the crib we will be using. long story short, we purchased the changing table, crib, and dresser together for $70 from my brother-in-laws girlfriend's sister...got that? The crib no longer meets current safety guidelines so we have purchased another crib and it is on it's way. Until then, we have this one to work with. Hopefully the new crib comes in time for the baby. Also note, the stuffed animals and bumper will be removed becasue I am quite aware of the saftey hazard they can be but for now I think its super cute! We were given a lot of classic pooh items for our showers so thanks to many of our friends and family, this room's theme is quite clear.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

We removed stuffed animals, blankets, etc., but kept the bumpers on. As long as they are not think, you'll want them on, otherwise the baby gets his/her legs/arms stuck in the slates. I get woken up to a "stuck" Tyler about every other night

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That's supposed to be "thick" not think