I am feeling a great need to "Grandma Blog". Both sets of grandparents, Carol and Jim and AJ and Gregg, are SO in love with our new grand baby - a first on both sides!!! He is so adorable and I just want to hold him all of the time, although I am sharing. We were there within an hour and a half after Henry was born and AJ and I tag teamed on holding him all day long. Unfortunately, that night Henry went into the Nicu and the cuddling was limited. My job, so far, besides the encouragement and reassurance, is taking lots of pictures, surprise!!! AJ is staying part of this first week and then I will be on call for whatever the kids need. I know there will be lots of babysitting. I already have April 9th on my calendar so that Ryan and Sam can celebrate their anniversary. I am looking forward to cuddling with Henry J as much as possible. When we were over at the house on the first day, Guinness took over as protector immediately. As I held Henry J, Guinness laid his head on my lap too. Any noise from Henry got a lot of attention from Guinness. I know that Henry will have a buddy for life. :) On Wednesday Henry's great grandma will get to meet him. She can't wait! Henry is also the first great grandchild. I can't tell you how moving it is to see my first born having his own baby. Ryan has just been the most attentive husband and involved daddy. We are very proud of both Sam and Ryan.
This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Monday, March 31, 2008
A grandma blog
I thought I would share this comment Carol had written in the comments area. Enjoy!
I am feeling a great need to "Grandma Blog". Both sets of grandparents, Carol and Jim and AJ and Gregg, are SO in love with our new grand baby - a first on both sides!!! He is so adorable and I just want to hold him all of the time, although I am sharing. We were there within an hour and a half after Henry was born and AJ and I tag teamed on holding him all day long. Unfortunately, that night Henry went into the Nicu and the cuddling was limited. My job, so far, besides the encouragement and reassurance, is taking lots of pictures, surprise!!! AJ is staying part of this first week and then I will be on call for whatever the kids need. I know there will be lots of babysitting. I already have April 9th on my calendar so that Ryan and Sam can celebrate their anniversary. I am looking forward to cuddling with Henry J as much as possible. When we were over at the house on the first day, Guinness took over as protector immediately. As I held Henry J, Guinness laid his head on my lap too. Any noise from Henry got a lot of attention from Guinness. I know that Henry will have a buddy for life. :) On Wednesday Henry's great grandma will get to meet him. She can't wait! Henry is also the first great grandchild. I can't tell you how moving it is to see my first born having his own baby. Ryan has just been the most attentive husband and involved daddy. We are very proud of both Sam and Ryan.
I am feeling a great need to "Grandma Blog". Both sets of grandparents, Carol and Jim and AJ and Gregg, are SO in love with our new grand baby - a first on both sides!!! He is so adorable and I just want to hold him all of the time, although I am sharing. We were there within an hour and a half after Henry was born and AJ and I tag teamed on holding him all day long. Unfortunately, that night Henry went into the Nicu and the cuddling was limited. My job, so far, besides the encouragement and reassurance, is taking lots of pictures, surprise!!! AJ is staying part of this first week and then I will be on call for whatever the kids need. I know there will be lots of babysitting. I already have April 9th on my calendar so that Ryan and Sam can celebrate their anniversary. I am looking forward to cuddling with Henry J as much as possible. When we were over at the house on the first day, Guinness took over as protector immediately. As I held Henry J, Guinness laid his head on my lap too. Any noise from Henry got a lot of attention from Guinness. I know that Henry will have a buddy for life. :) On Wednesday Henry's great grandma will get to meet him. She can't wait! Henry is also the first great grandchild. I can't tell you how moving it is to see my first born having his own baby. Ryan has just been the most attentive husband and involved daddy. We are very proud of both Sam and Ryan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sweet is that! And I'm sure he'll have some rockin' scrapbooks!
Post a Comment