Thursday, March 13, 2008

38 weeks, 5 days

That is how far I am along in this baby adventure. Today I had an ultrasound and got the best pictures of the baby's face yet. It had a scowl on so I think it may look like Ryan...ha! The baby did everything it was supposed to do so it was over within 10 minutes.

My exam went alright. Blood pressure wasn't bad but not great, and I wore flip-flops to the exam because my feet were too big to fit into my normal shoes. They had these indents from the straps and he said my feet didn't look so great but noticed my fresh pedicure! hahaha! His wife must get her nails done too. Anyway, the baby is measuring at 7.8lbs currently and the ultrasound lady mentioned it has a large head! Now, why in her right mind did she feel that was necessary to tell me, it only makes me more nervous.

So, the big cervical check was today. I just about died during the process, it was so painful but I think that is only because I am not even dilated to 1cm but I am about 50% effaced he thought. So, just before the exam, they say it's similar to a pelvic exam, with a little pressure, I think I can handle that....oh hell no it wasn't! The only similar aspect is the two fingers with lube and then there is a whole lot of pressure to the point that I scolded him telling him that was nothing like a pelvic exam and to never preface it that way again! But really how would he know? Anyway, the nurse is telling me to breathe, and I seriously couldn't. I probably would have felt better if I just passed out. Just so you know, I am joking with the scolding...but I did tell him it was nothing like a pelvic exam and prefacing it that way will throw all women for a shock. He thought it was funny.

I did ask what steps I could take to help this process along and he said intercourse so I had him write Ryan a prescription so that he knows it's safe. ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! So seriously, no baby yet? Maybe you're in labor right now and we don't even know it. I hope you and Ryan are doing well:)
Sara Nickel