This weekend was my Birthday - the big 27. I have always loved my birthday, getting older never really phased me until this birthday. Not that I mind turning another year older but I think the culmination of being the same age my mom was when I was born, and now I will have a baby makes me think this aging thing isn't all that great. I used to think age equated to maturity...I now know that is not the case at all. I still feel like I have the mentality of a 22 year old (that is scary). To add to my aging frustration, this weekend I noticed I have those smile creases on my face which freaked me out too because then I wonder to myself if I will be one of those women who get Botox as I age. I wanted to think I was blessed with my mother's skin but I am beginning to think that is just one genetic trait that only Tara got.
I was lucky to spend my birthday with both my family and Ryan's family. On Saturday we went out to Chinese with Jim and Carol. We hadn't gone to dinner with them in a while so it was nice to catch up with them. On Sunday I had brunch with my parents and Tara. I had a great time with them. I was so glad they came to visit, even if it was for a short time. It isn't very often I get to see my parents and sister together - I am pretty sure we drive Ryan nuts because we laugh at the goofiest stuff that only the four of us find funny. I wish we lived closer to them so we could do that more often.
Sunday we braved Target and purchased baby items that we are in need of but had not picked up yet and also picked up items for our hospital stay. We are ready to have this baby. The anticipation is killing us. While we were eating dinner last night it dawned on Ryan and I that in less than two weeks we will have a person that depends on us for everything (needier than Guinness our dog)! We took a baby class this weekend that showed us how to hold an infant - neither of us have done that or can remember holding an infant and truthfully it scares us but hopefully it comes instinctively when it is our own child. Since not all the people who signed up for the class came, everyone got their own doll. Somehow Ryan ended up with the African American baby. He made sure to mention that if our baby came out with the coloration of his doll, we would have issues. No worries - I am 100% sure that will not happen.
2 comments:
You'll be a pro Sam. Holding a baby is easy, and it does come naturally!
Happy Birthday on here (I sent you a note on MySpace)
Sam... you're too funny! Glad you had a good bday. Take care of yourself! -Robin
Post a Comment