I took Henry to the Dr. on Friday for this second round of shots. I gave him Tylenol beforehand which made a world of difference vs. the last time. He weighed in at 16.8 lbs and was 26 3/4 inches long. His height is in the 90th percentile and his weight and head circumference are in the 50th percentile. The Dr. looked at his skin and thought he may have contact dermatitis so he prescribed some ointment and it cleared up immediately. We are switching to a no dye, no perfume detergent to see if that helps the little guy.
This weekend Henry and I traveled to Des Moines so that I could meet up with my friends Megan and Brenda. The three of us studied in Wales together and have remained friends since. Megan lives in Nebraska and I don't get to see her all that much. I love visiting her because it is so quiet and peaceful where she lives and truly is a relaxing environment. I always tell people Megan is a special friend to me because meeting/getting to know her changed my life. It is hard for me to explain but Megan was/is like a role model for me. I studied abroad 2nd semester of my junior year and still had no idea what I was going to do upon graduating a year later and through Megan I discovered the business analysis lab and had an internship which put me on the definitive path to my major in Marketing/International Business. She helped me to find my nitch and I went to her and still do value her opinion on anything regarding business professionalism. She is incredibly intelligent, witty, focused, and kind and will always make you feel welcome. I am so glad I got to spend some time with her this weekend. My friend Brenda lives in Waterloo but we still don't get to see much of each other. Brenda has an infectious personality. Everybody who meets her loves her but the funny part is she really does not like being around people a whole lot but you would never know it. She too is very intelligent and one of the kindest people I know. Some might wonder what these two people are doing hanging out with me? Well, I think we complement each other and I think these two have the ability to bring out the best in me.
We began the day by visiting the DM farmer's market. I love the farmers market for their breakfast burritos and dutch letters. I purchased Henry some fun burp clothes and Megan picked up some fun trinkets for her home. Later that morning we went to Jordan Creek and took in some much needed shopping and good food. We treated ourselves to pedicures in the afternoon followed by more shopping and ended the day with a great meal grilled by my dad. I was impressed that Brenda had the energy to do all this because she is 7.5 months pregnant but she was a trooper. I wish I had photos to post from the weekend but I didn't take any photos, only a video that I won't post to save Megan some embarrassment. :)
Sunday we had breakfast at this Market place, I cannot remember the name of it but it's so close to my parents house. When did WDM because so trendy and hip and why was it not that way when I lived there? I will say I enjoy the convenience of everything so close to my parents but seriously, it would have been nice if it were that way 10 years ago!
On the way home from my parents Henry cried the majority of the time. I left at 2:00pm and arrived home at 6:00pm. I should have been home by 4:00pm but had to stop so many times because he was screaming. He hates his car seat or something. He isn't hot because I have the air on full blast so he stays cool like he likes and I fed him and burped him and changed his diaper. I gave him toys and everything you could want to be content and the only thing I can come up with is that he hates his car seat or just doesn't like to be back there by himself which is not something I can help. The ride was miserable! I felt bad for the little guy but what else can I do? Oh well, we all have to do things we don't like and he survived.
The weekend ended with my cousin Steven paying us a visit. We gave him a fridge we had in college for his room and some fun decor we had as well in college. He is a really good kid and doing very well in school. we fed him Pizza and got to hang out with him. Henry said Hello for a bit but then had to go to bed. It was a busy weekend and now I feel like I need a vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment