Monday, August 25, 2008

Discovery Toys



Well, it's official. I am a Discovery Toys representative. It is the premier educational toy company. No worries, I am keeping my day job and doing this for fun and to get Henry great toys for less money. Let me give you a bit of history on Discovery Toys. My mother-in-law, Carol, sold Discovery Toys when Ryan and Aaron were a toddlers and both she and her boys loved it. At that time, the company was only a few years old. She still has many of the toys her children used and they are in excellent condition. Not only that, but the toys are designed to help develop a child's physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. In addition to all the developmental benefits they provide, all the toys are tested for flammability, hazardous materials, and toxic elements by the company regardless of where they are manufactured. Currently, there are no active reps in the Cedar Rapids area so that means the only way to go is up, right?

I have a website, www.discoverytoyslink.com/cedarrapids with all sorts of information. I am currently in the process of editing it but it works for now. Like I said, my goal is to provide Henry with good quality, educational toys and this is a way for me to do that. If you are at all interested in checking out the toys for you, your children, your grandchildren, your nieces or nephews, your daycare provider, your good friends child, etc., check out the website and I would be happy to get you more information on the products that are of interest to you. I am going to be having an open house sometime in the near future in CR, and may even have one in the DM area but we'll see. If you would like to earn free toys or credit towards free toys, you can have a gathering with your friends and I would be happy to let you and your children have a play date with the toys to see how they like them. You don't have to live near me to host a "party", you can do a catalog party as well if you like so that you can earn credit towards toys for your child so don't let that stop you.

I know, first hand, the joy Discovery Toys brought my husband as a child and I cannot wait to share that with Henry. To this day Ryan talks about the cool toys he had as a child and the majority of them were from Discovery Toys. I will have to see if there are pictures with Ryan playing with the toys and then get an updated photo of Henry playing with some of the toys!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sam, can you just send me a catalog in the mail and if I decide to order, would you get the "credit" or whatever? I don't think I"ll have a party, but just wondering...Fitz

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

My friend also sells these. We have a few Discovery Toys. I'm along the same lines as Fitz, if there is a catalog, mail it my way

Briana said...

I'd love to get one too!

Unknown said...

I LOVE discovery toys, that is where my LC gets all her toys for our breastfeeding group... they are so durable and the company is wonderful about replacing them if they do actually break. I've considered selling them myself... let me know how you like it!

Megan said...

Great idea Sam! I would love a catalog too! I could even have a party... maybe some weekend when you're in Des Moines or something!? Cool! That stuff looks great!