Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our first play date

Yesterday evening I took some time to update Henry's calendar. I hope I remembered all the dates. I keep trying to write everything down but I know I am bound to miss something. Does anyone else have a calendar they update with their kids stuff? What types of things do you put in it besides the obvious firsts?

We also took part in a play date yesterday afternoon at my friend Stephanies house. When I was pregnant, I made friends with Sara (Grace) through out breastfeeding class and I met Stephanie (Sophie) at 'mommy and me'. I feel like I knew Stephanie much longer because my mother-in-law works with her and would update each of us on our pregnancy status. Anyway, they both have girls and all three of our babies were born within 2 weeks of each other. I think we are going to do swim lessons together as well this fall/winter. It has been fun to watch their daughters get bigger and Sofie and Grace were really Henry's first friends.

Sofiekins

Grace

For dinner we headed out to Vitos, just Henry, Ryan and I. I took along his bumbo seat because he does not sit up yet by himself without this seat. It worked really well. We set it on the table and he played with his feet and some toys we brought along. After a while he was cranky but for the most part, he was really good.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

We had a great time at our play date---can't wait to do it again.---Steph and Sophie :)

Briana said...

I write everything down on a calendar too. I haev one for each of the boys from their first year as well. It's really hard to keep up with it, especially towards the end of the 1st year! I jsut write whatever we did that day, if we went anywhere, saw anyone, if she was fussy, didn't sleep well, or did sleep well or anything like that. I find myself going back to it sometimes and can see patterns of behavior that lead to things. For instance, on the boys charts, patterns of waking early usually led to new teeth, etc. I do a calendar for them because I have one that my mom did for me! I love reading back through it!

Samantha said...

Good idea Briana. I think I will start to do that as well. I know one girl who uses it to record the day but I like the idea that you can look back and look at trends to see if they led up to something.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Great photo. Playdates are awesome - and so are swimming lessons, just don't get stuck in 5 months worth of them :)