Sorry for not posting too much lately, I have been swamped at work. This was a big week for my little man (pictures to come soon). He started cereal on Monday night and ended up with more on his face than in his mouth. I think he liked it though.
Henry also had his first experience of falling off the bed. I get the "bad mom" stamp on my forehead for letting him sleep on the bed and he rolled off, waking him up, and a screaming fit ensued. I felt terrible and my lesson has been learned. That won't be happening again.
This weekend he is spending time with my parents while Ryan and I enjoy a weekend with two or our best friends, Josh and Leslie, up in Okoboji!
4 comments:
Oh Sam, you poor thing (And Henry too!) The thought of that happening used to freak me out, so I went out and bought one of those toddler bed rails and put it on my bed. That gave me peace of mind at least, because there was no way I could stop them from sleeping in my bed at some point during the early morning when they would wake up to nurse, we all need our sleep, right? And I figured I'd need one of those rails eventually anyway (and I did)
Take the "bad mom" stamp off your forehead and put a "normal mom" stamp on instead. We can't protect our kids from everything all the time. Accidents happen, since you say you learned your lesson and no serious harm was done chalk it up to being human! :-)
Well I have one of those stamps on my head too...Isn't it scary when something like that happens? Ohhh I remember when Brynn fell down the small pack of stairs in our house b/c Dj forgot to close the gate and down she went face first. I was just sick! And there was another time when I was carrying her in the Baby Papasan chair and dropped one side and it fell to teh floor with her in it. Not cool. Luckily, she was fine both times...but it's that moment when it happens....ahhhh it just takes your breath away, doesn't it?!
Definitely rub off that stamp. Tyler feel off our chaise lounge when he was Henry's age. He's fallen many times since - including head first into the playpen from the bed. It happens. They miracously survive - and they will NEVER know it happened (unless they read back on your blog in 20 years, hahaha)
Post a Comment