Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines in review

Our Valentines day started on Friday night when we did absolutely nothing. I think we were passed out by 9:00. Lame.
On Saturday I woke up to a card and a package of loft house cookies. Yum! We took the morning to prepare for a play date with Grace and Sophie, Henry's gal pals. I spent the entire morning scrubbing our house so that they did not have to swim in dog hair.




The play date went very well. I am not sure what age they begin to have issues with sharing but I am here to tell you, Henry is full of ATTITUDE and it is beginning to show through. I just hope through school and when we play at home, he learns to share. When he gets upset at home and throws tantrums (which he does often), we ignore the behavior and when he does things that are good, we give him lots of praise and affection in hopes that it sinks in.
That evening Jim and Carol (the in-laws) came over to hang out and share in a roast that I made. Henry slept in on Sunday, a first! It was absolutely wonderful! We then got up to get ready for the day and my parents decided to come over for the day to see Henry and celebrate Valentines day. We had lunch and ran errands with my parents and before we knew it, they were on their way home with my pooches in tow. I need a dog break so I was so glad my parents were more than willing to take them for the week. Some times they just get to be too much for me to handle, especially in the winter because they don't get to run around outside so much. By this Saturday we will be ready to have them back.

No comments: