I am moved. I have no pictures to document the event because we hauled ass getting our crap from one house to the other and I do not know where my camera is currently located...most likely in a box. The thing I hate the most though is that I moved a whole bunch of stuff just to go through it at the new house and get rid of it. At least it is gone and out of my house! Today I am back to work - just taking a moment to blog. We have no Internet so I am in a coffee shop getting caught up with work and checking email.
There were a couple of things that were re-affirmed for me through this move.
1. I have great friends and the best family. My mom and Carol (MIL) looked after Henry during the day while we moved. My friend Sara watched Henry Saturday morning so we could take down, move, and reassemble Henry's room before his nap and I cannot tell you what a big help that was to us. My dad, Ryan's dad, Ryan, Aaron, Steve (my cousin), and Andy did a lot of heavy lifting. My co-workers helped haul boxes and clean my closets. My BIL's girlfriend helped pack and haul boxes. Andy's wife, Jodee is like super-woman lifting heavy furniture, helping me put rooms together. My In-laws best friends Pat and Rick not only brought over home made chocolate frosted brownies, they brought over papa Murphy's pizza, already hot from their oven. I am so grateful to them for feeding our crowd and taking some stress off of us.
2. The new owners of 2431 G Ave are really nice people who just had a really crappy realtor. I will always love that house. Sunday morning I cleaned the entire inside by myself and walked each room by myself. It wasn't until Ryan asked if I wanted to lock the front door for the last time that I started crying. We walked the garden for the last time before we left making sure to file away a mental image of what the house and garden was when we lived there. We made sure to write our names in the basement on an unfinished stud where nobody but us would see or know it was there.
3. I really like the fact that we are not on a busy street and are now at the end of a cul-de-sac. We have NO traffic and no neighbors behind us (that we can see through the trees now that they are leafed out). It is quiet, which is new. The old house had paper thin walls and I really didn't need a baby monitor. I can't hear Henry without it now. I also can't hear the rain or wind with the windows shut which is a nice change. I do have a neighbor who I could hear laughing when I had the windows open...I am hoping it was visitor who was laughing because it was LOUD and really annoying. We have one deer, 8 squirrels, and 3 turkeys who seem to live in our backyard and really like the bird seed we have left. This morning the feeders were finally visited by 4 cardinals. More birds will come, I am sure. But for now, the large wildlife is really cool and I hope they don't go away when the pooches come back on Sunday.
4. This house is going to be a great home for Henry. He has mastered the stairs and knows where his toys are but still prefers the electronics and remotes. He was mesmerized by the Turkeys out the back door. We have one that sleeps on the patio right next to the door, it is very cool. I can tell he likes this place.
5. I am glad to have all my belongings in one area and I can live in my home again. I felt like I had been living out of boxes in somebody else's space for the longest time and now that we are moved, the majority of our belongings are back in their rightful place and it's beginning to feel like home to me.
3 comments:
YAY! So glad you're "Home" now. I got teary reading about you walking around the house 1 last time. I can so remember doing that 3 years ago at the condo as well.
Congrats! So happy it feels like home. Can't wait to see pics!
I teared up too when you talked about walking from room to room. I can't wait to see all the pics as you make your home your own.
Post a Comment