We had visitors this weekend, Josh and Leslie made the trip from O-town to help us continue un-packing since I was ditched last weekend by them because the Dr. (Leslie) was on call. :) Anyway, Ryan and I thought of projects we could accomplish with the two of them and I am happy to report we, the four of us, got a lot done. Leslie and I dug up the area that was by the mailbox and re-planted it. It looks much better. Ryan and Josh pulled up rotted boards on the deck and replaced them, power washed the deck and Ryan will be re-varnishing the deck this week sometime. On top of this, Ryan and Josh moved the TV to the basement, pulled the washer and dryer that came with the house out and put our front load washer/dryer in, and pulled out the jagged brick, that ran along the front walkway of the house, out for Henry's safety. We are going to be selling the washer/dryer that was in the house, they are only 2 years old and in excellent condition. Ryan also made some headway on the garage this weekend, clearing out half of it. Hopefully the other half will be organized sometime this week.
Henry spent time at grandma's while Leslie and I planted and then ran errands with Leslie and I in the afternoon. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond for stools and nightlights and Target for corner covers for the brick on the fireplace. Hopefully the covers will prevent some potential disasters. My parents brought the pooches home today and stayed for lunch and a walk in the neighborhood. I think the sun wore Henry out a bit because he slept the entire way to a graduation party we attended this afternoon. I was ready for a nap by the time we got home. Now Henry is sleeping and I am getting ready for work tomorrow. Another week of the daily grind but that is what gets the bills paid!
3 comments:
You're already making your new house your home! That's great. Bet you'll be able to relax a bit more when you feel a bit more "done" with it.
Sounds like a lot of progress was made, it's nice to have helpful friends :)
I hope the corner things on your fireplace work. Tyler just takes them off so we just threw them away. They constantly come off and he used them more as a "ball" or a chew toy
Holy cow you guys are busy! We look forward to pictures when your project(s) is/are complete.
Post a Comment