Ugh, I feel so behind on the blog. That's ok though, it happens because life has gotten in the way. This week Henry is going to see Santa. He wasn't scared last year but he has started to be shy around strangers. It only lasts for two minutes but who knows how he will react to the big guy in the red suit. Henry loves the christmas tree and we have been putting on christmas shows so I hope the visit with Santa goes well.
Henry is still obsessed with Nemo, aka 'elmo'. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Lord help me! Ryan can quote half the movie by now. It wasn't until the beginning of the month that Henry even noticed the TV so I don't know what the deal is. He likes Mickey Mouse and has a few books with Mickey but he prefers Nemo above all others. Too bad Nemo on ice won't be near here, geez he would freak out at that!
In other Henry news, he is starting to tell us when he pees and poops in his diaper. He also wants to sit on the potty but not to hang out, just to sit and then get off. It may be the start of potty training. What do you all do for potty training? Do you put your kids on the big potty or do they have one of those training chairs? We don't have anything purchased yet but I am curious to hear what others do. I am just thrilled he is communicating when he goes in his diaper and wants to sit on the toilet. On that subject, Henry has re-discovered his boy parts. Bathtime has become all about 'that' area. He is so impressed that he can pee and it shoots up in the air, I on the other hand am not impressed... esp. when it shoots straight at me. He thinks it is funny that his 'bits' are flexable... you can imagine. Boys are such odd creatures, do little girls have this same fasination?
Anyway, he is growing like a weed mentally. I can't believe how many new things he is always doing. He talks more and more and can tell me what he wants sometimes ( I have been looking forward to this day since he was born!). This is such a fun age, he is like a little sponge which is good but I can see that backfiring on me at some point. I definately need to watch what I say around him more and more.
Alright, I am sure there is more to share but I am exhausted so off to bed I go and I will have to blog another day!
3 comments:
I will be interested to hear the potty training scoop too! Lydia is doing the same things (telling us when she goes). We bought a small potty chair and she loves to go sit on it. She has never actually "gone" in it though...
we just use a toilet seat (one w/ handles) and then have them sit on the regular potty. we bought a footstool (plastic one from Target or IKEA) for them to step up on and then sit on toilet. everyone who has purchased the little potties say they never work for them so we just went with reg. potty. we have bay sit on it just like a girl, spread his legs and push his pee pee down in the toilet. He's gone a couple of different times, mostly at school and once at home. He has an older sister, though who knows how it works. He loves sitting on potty. We just give him lots of praise for sitting on it and tell him what a big boy he is. Honestly though, with Brynn, I would have waited until she was a bit older (25-26 months) to start b/c we started a bit too young thinking we could get her out of diapers sooner. She regressed after baby #2 came big time on potty. So, take it slow and if they catch on, they catch on, but if they're slow to do it, they will figure it out eventually. good luck. it's a roller coaster of craziness. also, buy pull-ups. and try stand-up changing of diapers too. it gets them in the habit. baylen pulls up his own pants now and can even take them off and undress himself.
Blake is a mix... at home he uses the big toilet w/ a seat on it and refuses the little potty chair (he also prefers to stand to pee instead of sitting... but at preschool he refuses the regular (kid sized) toilets they have and will only use a potty chair. Whatever works I guess.
Post a Comment