So, I need some ideas for Henry's room. When he was born we had classic Winnie the pooh. I love that theme, it is universal and I plan to use it for my next kid because it's easy (I say that but you just watch, I will get all excited and change my mind) but until then, that is the plan... and no, I am not pregnant. :)
In our new house, I have not put anything in Henry's room because I want to make it his next theme or decor. Out with pooh, in with the new! I have an idea of what I want to do but just for kicks, I want to hear what you all have done with your kids rooms. Anything that absolutely did not work or that was really cool. Or just ideas of what you think a kids room should have and would be great. Here is an opportunity for those of you who haven't spoken up lately to give me your thoughts! When I am done, I will post of picture of the outcome!
5 comments:
There's some really cute themed rooms online at the Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, and Company Kids. Our theme is pretty plain right now, it's just "Womb with a View" and a lot of accented colors since the kids currently share. There's a really cool Dr. Seuss one at PBK and a cute Train one at Land of Nod. Both PBK and LoN sell cool letters you can buy to spell their name, either stick on the wall ones, or wood or even cardstock/printed ones. Good luck and have fun! I think if I get to do Baylen's one day, I would do either old school baseball theme or a sports theme of some sort.
Tyler has a sports theme, which is a generic all boys seem to have it theme, but the room was half done and it was easy. My friend's two sons have Pottery Barn Kids rooms - one is surfing, the other is nautica; another has antique trucks (also Pottery Barn, I believe?) I was thinking trains or fire engines if we had another boy, but now I'm thinking pink.
This is a blog I read and I jsut loved the way they decorated their baby boy's room, but it definitely would work for a big boy too! http://andyandcari.blogspot.com/2009/06/big-rigg-room.html Of course the baby's name is "Rigg" so it totally worked but I think it's adorable.
Logan (and Quinn's) nursery was painted yellow (we didn't know what we were having with Logan and had Quinn not too long after so we didn't change it) and was decorated in bumble bees. I loved that room. I'll have to do a blog post about it since I've never shared those photos on the blog before. When we moved Logan into his big boy room before Quinn was born we made him a baseball room. And he's still got a baseball room in this house too. Quinn's is fire trucks (because he's obsessed, which you know).
I 2nd Fitz's suggestion to look at PBK for a bed quilt. The boys each have one and boy are they great! So well made, and warm. I'm waiting for the one I want for Olive's big girl room to go on sale and then I'll buy her one too.
Sam,
I have a very different idea for Henry's room.
How about a baby Rat Pack room?
Baby pictures of Frank, Dean, and Sammy Davis Jr. would be a very cool idea. Rather than a setting in Las Vegas there could be pictures from Kids World, or Candy land.
It would be soooo cool to have a picture of the baby rat pack sitting on a merry-go-round drinking martini's and smoking cigarettes
So cool my Grandson would have to wear shades when he slept.
Just a thought.
Grandma says a Cubs and Bears room would be nice too!
Love,
Grandpa (B.I.G.)
I think the idea that you told me awhile ago, sailboat/water theme, would be perfect Sam! Plus you guys love the Lake and it is a family tradition. It would be something that could grow with him. Good luck!
Post a Comment