Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hey mom, I'm a big kid now!

This dude is going to be moving to the toddler 1's room starting Monday. He has been transitioning the past few weeks, spending afternoons over in the toddler 1's room and going out on the playground with the toddlers as well.

Henry's daycare, or school as we like to call it, runs like a school that begins in August and ends in May but provides the daycare in the summer. They have lessons and a curriculum for all age groups. Henry is currently in the infant room, and they are getting three new babies. Because of this, he wants to climb on the infant toys and truthfully has been acting out lately because we all know he is really bored in the infant room. He is 14 months old after all. He and his girlfriend Emma will be moving to the toddler room a little earlier than the school had planned... like next week.

They keep telling me Henry is ready but did anybody ask me, the MOM, if I was ready for him to move? He is my little man, my little dude, my "wooby" and I don't want him to grow up! It's hard for me to think of him as a toddler even though he has been one for at least two months. He is great at sign language, using his bink less and less, RUNS everywhere!, and I think he may be getting his sixth tooth - I know, impressive! ha! Truthfully, I am excited for him and all the fun things the toddler 1 room will have in store for him. All the teachers say when he is in the toddler room, he is busy and really enjoys all the room to play and run around in. I think he will be really happy and maybe nap time will go smoother since he will play much harder.

So, tomorrow is his last day with Miss Rebekah and Miss Jennifer. I really like the both of them and Henry really likes them too. They are very patient with Henry and know all his little quirks, what he likes and dislikes, his normal temperment and what he is signing for. I am going to miss them but I know his new teachers will take great care of him.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! HE looks soooo old! I can't get over how much hair he has!
He'll like being with the "older" toddlers. it will wear him out, just as it did Baylen. Now Baylen steals everyone's food during snack time! LOL

Briana said...

Awww, I know it's so hard watching them grow up .It's not fair how quickly the time passes. Olive is my last so it's been especially hard for me this time around. He'll love the older room with all those "big" kids!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Congrats Henry!

Boy, he really does look a ton older in your new header! Love that picture. I definitely see both you and Ryan in him now.