Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our first plant bed fixed.

These are the pictures of the bed my friend Leslie and I fixed a few weekends ago. I wish I had taken a before picture! Anyway, I split a hosta, had my MIL dig up some of her ginger and transplanted it along with some brunneria, and replanted the daffodils that were in the bed. We dug up the edging and replaced it, keeping the bed the same shape, preened it and re-mulched with brown much vs. nuggets. Each year the hosta will grow bigger and the ginger will spread to give it good ground cover. The only two items that are not deer proof are the daffodil flowers and hosta but we have put the ginger in the bed in hopes of deterring it and sprayed it with liquid fence and placed a deer fortress pod in the bed. So far, no deer have eaten my hosta!

So, we have one hosta transplanted from our old house and have somewhere around 35 more to plant! We have been working on the front bed, and Ryan just trimmed the tree so we will have some before and after pics when we get that project finished... that won't be for a while because we have A LOT of work to do in that bed and that is truly an understatement!

No comments: