Each weekend, I think about all the things I would like to get accomplished but I have yet to figure out how to get that done and keep Henry happy and entertained. I read all these people's blogs and facebook posts about all they get accomplished and yet I can't figure out how to find the balance! Why don't I get it?
Here is another thing. This fourth, we are headed to Okoboji with Ryan's family. Henry has not been to the lake since he has been mobile. Henry also has NO FEAR of water. When we visit Ryan's parents, he will try to walk straight into the pool, no hesitation. He loves water so that is cool but while in the pool, he does not want to be held, he is too little to be floating around with just his life vest, and he doesn't like to be contained in floats. I need advise. So, with all this in mind, I am very hesitant to take him to the lake this year. Should I be? What does every other parent understand that I do not. I know I should be excited to go on vacation with my little dude to the lake, a place we love, but all I can think of is how it will be exhausting for me. I just need to "suck it up, buttercup.", "put my big girl panties on", "get over it", etc. So, all you mom's with little ones, what do I do? How do I keep him safe and not lose my sanity?
I also need to figure out how people get yard work done while having a little one. We have out door toys and he loves being outside but we also are surrounded by woods so I have to keep him clear of the woods. We also have a large drain at the end of the cul-de-sac that the city is scheduled to make the opening much smaller but until then, it is a safety hazard for Henry and Winston (should he get past the electric fence). The point being, he needs eyes on him at all times when we are outside so both of us can't work on the yard and then one of us gets the great job of doing the work by our self and this house has SO much work to get done. I don't know how to find the balance. I have hired a girl who is the daughter of a nurse I call on to babysit a few times but is there anyway to do it without a sitter involved. I am going to go broke in babysitting fees!
HELP!
4 comments:
I'm one that doesn't get it either, I always feel so exhausted taking Blake places cause you never know what they will get in to. Don't feel alone. As for getting stuff around the house you learn to prioritize and some things just simply don't get done and that is alright too.
I agree 100% w/ Crystal. ANd honestly, the more kids you have, the less that gets done and more messes are made. That's just life. Baylen is all over the place too. It gets very overwhelming and exhausting chasing after him constantly. There are certain places I have to contain him in a stroller and that's that. We have started taking one to swim lessons when Brynn is in the pool b/c otherwise, he wants to be in there with her. I feel like I am constantly chasing him everywhere. One mom whose 2 kids are grown adults now told me recently that her house was dirty for over 20 years because she never took enough time to clean it b/c she was too busy being a working mom to 2 wonderful kids. She said it was worth every dust mite, every pile of laundry that was never folded, and every toy she tripped over. She keeps telling all of us young moms that we need to just spend time with our kids and enjoy it while they're young. We all get so caught up in everything we need to do, (me too) that really, that is what it's all about because they truly grow up way too fast.
I would think if he is willing to float around in his life vest and you are in the water with him... and you don't go past the 3 foot point in the water.. that he would be fine! That's all we did growing up. I never even took swimming lessons and amazingly, I am still alive after 26 years of swimming in a lake. Lilly is just NOT a fan of the whole lifejacket deal so she wasn't too keen on staying in the water long this past weekend. So if Henry is, shoot let him float! (safely of course...). I cant give much advice with the rest. My job IS managing everything in the house and staying home with Lilly. It still doesn't all get done and if anyone that comes over cares, that's their problem! Some things are more important than keeping up with chores.
We do yardwork while Tyler naps. We used to take out the monitors but now we just know he'll sleep for 2-3 hours so we use that time, or we tag team and one stays inside, the other goes outside while he sleeps. We try to do work while he's up, but he likes to run into the street so that doesn't work out so well anymore.
We take Tyler to the lake all the time. He will instantly run into a pool, but he does not at the lake, perhaps it's becuase it's a different color? Maybe it's because he's required to always have his lifejacket on? We don't allow him in the lake water, not yet (he likes to drink pool water, not down with the lake water). We have a little plastic pool we fill up for him there so he can "swim." Maybe Henry will be the same way?
Post a Comment