I Effing hate bugs, spiders are by far the worst in my mind. Since moving to the "house in the woods", I have killed my age x 1000 in spiders I think. In our old house, Ryan and I killed some crazy looking centipede thing one day and we decided to call a pest control company and from then on, I never had bug problems. I then stopped the service when I had Henry to save money and for safety reasons. I have made the decision to hire them back because I cannot stand all the bugs in my new house. I swear, I have seen 10 different kinds of spiders!
This evening was the last straw! I was down in my office and Guinness wanted outside so I let him out and to the right of me in the corner of the door is a beautiful web - a Charlotte like web - and the fattest khaki spider in the middle, about the size of quarter and it's butt was the size of a small coffee bean! Effing gross. I made those dogs go potty so fast and got them inside before the sucker ate them!
Then, not 5 minutes later, as I was getting my bag packed for work tomorrow, I feel an itch on my elbow and yes, there was an EFFING spider on my arm. Holy S%#t! I freaked out, I think the dogs thought my ass was on fire I was jumping and screaming, it's a wonder Henry slept through it. Since then, I think there is something crawling on me every 10 seconds.
The heeby geebies does no justice to the feeling I have about this situation, so after deciding not to have a pest control service come in, I have changed my thoughts. The last thing I need is for Henry to be bitten by a spider or any other crazy critter living in my house!
5 comments:
my house is crawling with bugs too. Must be a cedar rapids thing...it's nasty...I would do something about it but I am out in a week
I am with you. I hate spiders and bees. can't stand either!
Your Mother IS NOT going to be happy reading about all the different kinds of spiders that have been spotted in your new home!
I can hear her screaming in her office just reading about it.
Just remember if it weren't for spiders Halloween would be just another holiday!
Grandpa (B.I.G.)
It is apparent that you do not know about your mother's phobia on SPIDERS!!!! Looks like we will have to meet away from your beautiful new home when we come to see the grandpuppies and Henry J.!!!!
AND YES, I was screaming in my office; my staff now has the nitty gritty on how to scare me to death when they are annoyed or tired of my management style!!
We too live in a very wooded area and have the same problem. Calling the bug man helps, but just wait till fall....then they really want to make their spindly homes in yours. It sucks!
Post a Comment