Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Thanksgiving Feast

Today at school, they had Thanksgiving supper for all the kids and invited the parents.  We signed up to bring rolls.  The school made turkey and all the other food was provided by all the parents.  It was fun.  I arrived a little early to play with Henry because I don't get to do that often enough when he is at school.  He was so fun.  He made an art project with pumpkin spice and played with mega blocks.  When we were playing, the other kids wanted to sit on my lap when he got up and he would run over and push them off and say, 'No mama, no!".  He did not want to share me.


He did a really good job helping to pick up the toys, wash his hands, and find his seat for lunch.  Thay got a smattering of everything and his favorite items were the rolls and pumpkin pie.  When they got the bibs out, all the kids wear a washcloth type bib with a shirt color attached except Henry.  Apparently Henry gets the bib with the food catcher.  They said he enjoys not only eating but playing with his food.  I hope to have lunch with him at school agian sooner than later. 

After lunch he washed his hands and we read many books.  I left just before nap time and he was so good when I left.  I half expected a fit but he gave me a kiss and hug, said, 'love you' and I was gone.  He is getting so big. 

The teachers both said that when they have kids, they are going to dress them like Henry which I took as a compliment.  As shallow as it sounds, it matters to me what he wears and I try to dress him so that he looks put together.  How long will he let me pick out his clothes?  I will take as much advantage of the opportunity to do so while I still can. :)

I am glad I got to attend the Thanksgiving feast, since I missed the Halloween parade.  I hear they are going to have a holiday concert and Henry's class will be singing with another class.  That should be a riot!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

so cute. That was good he didn't cry when you left. Baylen would for sure...he does the same thing to me when I try and sit with him for a bit and other kids come over and try and sit with me..he pushes them off and says NO MY MOMMY! It's pretty cute. I also am very conscientious about what my kids wear to school and get compliments as well. I look at some of the other kids and what they are wearing and wonder if their parents just let the kids pick it out, which would make more sense for the older ones...but still!! Some look like they don't ever comb their hair! Brynn's is always pulled up and looks nice. My kids have their TG feast tomorrow. Brynn is sooo excited! How fun they are having a concert!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Sounds like a great time! Tyler pitched a HUGE fit when we left his feast, but I think it's because the lunch went into naptime by about a half an hour, throwing them all off.

Kudos to you on what you dress him in. I try to dress Tyler nicely as well, although I do often skip collars because Tyler tends to make a mess sometimes....but I do think it's important to make your kid look nice :)

Megan said...

What a fun memory!!! I'm glad that you were able to join Henry! :)