Do you know this tradition? We received 'The elf on a shelf' set from Ryan's aunt and uncle for Christmas. The idea is you read the story about the elf, who sits and watches for naughty and nice girls and boys and each night returns to Santa to report who was good or bad. You know the elf left because he is in a different spot in the morning and the kids hunt for the elf each day.
The elf and book come as a package. I think it will be really fun when Henry gets older but we are going to do it this year, hiding the elf in very obvious spots. He won't fully understand it right now but I think it will make the mystery of Santa and Christmas that much more magical for Henry as he gets older.
What do you think? Have you read this book or shared this tradition with your family?
3 comments:
that sounds so fun! i like that tradition a lot!
A coworker did that last year - no clue if they're doing it this year (he's in Australia right now) and we aren't super close. His kids were 2.5 and 5 last year if that gives you a barometer. He had some entertaining stories about it as I recall - most of the 5yo class was doing it.
I think that sounds like a hoot! It will be so cute and something he can look forward to daily. Have fun!
Post a Comment