Henry turned 4 months old while we were on vacation so I don't have a picture of him with his bear yet but I will be sure to get one when we return home. I cannot believe he is 18 weeks old already! It is so crazy to think time has gone by so fast and even more so that I am still nursing. I think back to when he was born and the few weeks that followed, I should have titled this blog, "adventures in nursing" because I am certain that is all I blogged about! It has obviously become easier as time has passed but it is still a huge commitment. One thing that I have noticed with Henry, compared to my girlfriends who have babies the same age, is that he is soothed a lot easier because I just have to take him to a quiet area and nurse when he gets fussy. Calming him is really easy because of nursing and that has been one good thing (besides the health benefits) that nursing has provided.

Anywhoo, my little man is doing some really cool things:
- He giggles.... a lot!
- He grabs objects when placed in front of him
- He reaches for my hair, earrings, necklace
- When he is being held upright, he wraps his arm around me to hold on
- He loves his standing gym thing - he will play with the spinning objects
- He loves burp clothes and will try stuffing them in his mouth
- He tries so hard to roll over. He can go from tummy to back but gets his shoulder caught going from back to tummy
- He cannot get enough of the outdoors
- He enjoys the ceiling fan!
- He talks and talks and talks and talks
On the opposite end of the spectrum a not-so-cool thing he is doing:
- getting up in the middle of the night (2:00am)
- going to bed at 9:00pm vs. 7:30pm
- loves sleeping with mom (this habit with be dropped asap)
When mom doesn't get good sleep she is crabby and nobody likes a crabby mommy!
2 comments:
Crazy how fast the time goes by when you have kids. So.not.fair!
It us a huge accomplishment that you're still nursing, I'm proud of you! I know it was rough in the beginning and you thought you might throw in the towel (which, by the way would have been okay if that was what you needed to do) but you stuck with it and it's gotten easier! I made it 8 months with Logan, only 2 with Quinn and Olive is still going strong. Tons of work, yet tons of reward. Sigh, the things we do for these babies!
Keep up the good work Mama!
He's so cute! I'm proud of you Sam. You're an awesome mommy
Post a Comment